QuickBooks is considered the best accounting software which has simplified bookkeeping and finance management. The software allows syncing of business accounts or third-party tools or applications for financial savings. However, this sometimes creates issues and leads to the QuickBooks Error Code 3140. In this blog context we will discuss the possible causes and solutions of QB Error 3140. This error can be easily solved by self but in case of any query you can take assistance from QuickBooks Error Support Service providers.
Results of QuickBooks Error 3140
- When the error 3140 happens, the active windows starts to crash.
- It also leads to the crashing of PC/Laptop/Notebook etc. wherever the software is installed.
- At regular intervals there is periodic freezing of the screen.
- Windows doesn’t work properly and responds slowly to keyboard or mouse.
- The QuickBooks Error 4130 is displayed on the screen.
The Possible Causes of Occurring Error 3140
The QuickBooks Error 3140 message would come up during installation of the program or while running it. It can also happen at the time of Start-up or shutdown of windows. There are several instances why it can happen and it is suggested that you track when and how the error message is displayed. Below are the causes of QuickBooks Error 3140.
- One of the main causes behind the QuickBooks Error 3140 is the corruption of QuickBooks software download or incomplete installation of the software.
- In case, you have made any changes in the QuickBooks software or any other related application, the change can cause corruption in Windows registry.
- Another main reason behind QuickBooks error 3140 is malware infection of the system and this may result in corruption of the program files related to the software or windows system.
- Removal of QuickBooks related files maliciously or mistakenly.
Mainly The QuickBooks Error 3140 is a run-time error and there can be various reasons for it. And that’s why it is very important to understand its causes and then troubleshoot accordingly to avoid it in the near future. The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3140
The QuickBooks error 3140 can be easily solved by the following troubleshooting methods. However, you can reach out to the QuickBooks error support services to understand it better. The solution is time taking but to fix it properly all the steps should be performed.
✔ Solution 1:
- The first thing to do is repair all Registry Entries that are related to the Error 3140.
- Once done, scan your system to check if it is infected by malware.
- Clean all files that are of no use from your system especially temporary files and folders with the help of disk Cleanup.
- Update all your device’s drivers to the latest version.
- It is suggested that you store your previous setting and for this you require to set your restore point in the Windows System. You can change whenever required later.
- Check all the windows programs that are related to QuicksBooks. Once done, uninstall and then reinstall them back.
- After this on your Windows System run File Checker.
- Finally you require to do a clean windows installation.
✔ Solution 2:
- First Click on Start
- In the search box type Update and then click on Enter
- Once done, the Windows Update dialogue box will come up on the screen.
- Then click on Install Updates if any updates are available.
As QuickBooks Error 3140 crashes the system or stops the running programs, the users get panicked and more so as the system takes a lot of time to restart. This error hinders work thereby affecting the business operations. To avoid such issues, it is recommended that you improve the systems speed.
Even though QuickBooks error 3140 can affect your work, it can be easily fixed. However, you should recheck your system and perform the steps as mentioned above. In case the problem still persists or you require any other information regarding it then you can take help by reaching out to the QuickBooks Support Number +1(800)880-6389 and experts will be ever ready to guide you with it.