- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Simple steps to Fix QuickBooks Error -6000, -304
QuickBooks is a premier accounting software that has made managing and handling business simple. But, like all the other software, QuickBooks too isn’t free from errors and glitches. One of the frequent issues that QuickBooks users face is QuickBooks Error Code -6000 304. This error occurs when a user tries to open a company file, or QuickBooks Desktop attempts to open a company file. Occurrence of an error in such cases denotes that your system lacks enough disk space to open the company file or the user working on QuickBooks Desktop has reached his quota.
You can change the location of the company file to hard disk with larger space, turn off disk quotas, and/or enhance the disk quota of the user account running QuickBooks to fix Error Code –6000, -304.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Are you also experiencing the exact same trouble? You need to not fret. Our QuickBooks Error Support team is always with you to fix the error codes and warning error messages for you. Call our QuickBooks Support Phone Number @ +1-800-880-6389 and speak to one of our U.S Based best Intuit Certified tech advisor for quick solution of QuickBooks Errors. Our experienced team will resolve all the errors and queries you are facing.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code -6000, -304?
A highly user-friendly accounting software, QuickBooks enables business persons manage their finances with ease. The elite software is used by hundreds of thousands business owners and accounts across the globe and hemps in managing business and wealth creation. Even though QuickBooks is an innovative software, sometimes users receive errors on their screen. The error windows on the screen may interrupt your work and may cause irreversible damage if not fixed immediately. There are some simple and dependable solutions to fix most of the errors received by users.
Solution 1: Repair your QuickBooks Desktop
Replace all damaged and corrupted QuickBooks Desktop components from your Computer.
- Go to Start menu-> open Control Panel-> click Programs->click Programs and Features.
- Select QuickBooks and click Uninstall.
- Click Next Once the QuickBooks installation window appears.
- Select radio button next to Repair and click Next and then Repair.
- Click Finish.
Solution 2: Click the windows start key and choose computer
- You need to simply click on the windows start key and choose to computer at there.
Solution 3: Check if there is enough space on your hard drive
- Select the disk drive where you have saved your company files, do a right- click and choose Properties.
- Click the Windows Start key and select Computer.
- Check if the drive has sufficient disk space available, tap on the Quota tab.
- Review user account if quota increase is required. Else, you can remove disk quotas from the user account where QuickBooks data file is stored.
- Red stoplight means no disk quotas are set.
Solution 4: Perform a clean installation of your QuickBooks
- Do a clean installation of your QuickBooks accounting software.
That’s all from our behalf. Hope you have found this article useful for you. If you still receiving Error Code -6000,-304 while working on some important accounting or business task, you can contact our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Team. We are available round the clock and offer instant solutions to all the QuickBooks errors and issues.