- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, QuickBooks Error Codes
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
QuickBooks is world’s leading accounting software, trusted by millions of business owners in managing their business. It’s highly innovative software but like any other software this ace accounting software also receives some errors and issues. One of the most common errors that QuickBooks users face is Error 6144 82. Often, this error appears when we try to open a company file used by a different application. This blog post aims to offer you step by step instructions to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82. However, if you are looking for instant help then you may call to our QuickBooks Error support phone number +1-800-880-6389.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
One or more of the following can be symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82:
- QuickBooks Error 6144 82 will crash any open application.
- Your system may crash with QB Error 6144 82 while running the same program.
- A message that would read
“Error 6144 82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience” or “QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82” may pop up on your computer.
- Windows run late and response time of Windows slows down.
- Your computer may freeze multiple times.
What time Error Message 6144 82 Occurs
- Most of the time it occurs while installing any program and QuickBooks is open in the background.
- While starting your desktop or shutting it down.
- It may also occur when installing the operating system on your computer.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
One or more of the following can cause QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82:
- Incomplete download or inappropriately installed QuickBooks.
- Corruption in registry resulted from installation or uninstallation of any program.
- The computer has malware or virus.
- The malicious software may have removed some of the imperative QuickBooks or Windows files.
- Some other computer program has deleted some important QuickBooks or Windows files.
- Maybe the hard disk or RAM of your computer is damaged and caused loss of data and files.
- A recent change in network setting triggered errors.
Note: Knowing the exact reason of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 can significantly help us in fixing this error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82:
Solution 1: Repair Registry Entries related with QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- Perform this step only if you are an advanced computer user. Incorrect registry editing can cause irreversible damage to your computer. We recommend you to take assistance from a computer expert or It Professionals.
Solution 2: Perform a full malware and virus scan on your computer
- Virus or malware infection can cause this error on your computer. These are malicious files that can damage, corrupt and remove essential files such as Run-time Errors related files. Removing this malicious software and files may fix the issue.
Solution 3: Clean your system junk with Disk Cleanup
- Your computer may accumulate junk files from daily internet surfing and use of computer. QuickBooks Accounting Software may go sluggish or receive error 6144 82 if junks files are not cleaned regularly. These files at times conflict with other files and applications and may also overload hard disk. Removing these temp files can not only assist you to do away with error 6144 82 but also enhance your system’s speed.
Solution 4: Keep your Computer Device Drivers updated
- Corrupt or outdated device drivers may also cause error 6144 82. By updating system drivers you can keep them from abruptly stop working or featuring other issues. However, installing a wrong driver may further increase your troubles and finding the right driver is no easy task thus we recommend you to get in touch with an expert.
Solution 5: Undo all recent system changes using Windows System Restore
Windows System Restore assists you undo the recent changes made on your computer.
This step itself may fix multiple issues, including error 6144 82 caused by recent changes.
- Click windows key (start button).
- Type “System Restore” in the search box and press ‘ENTER‘.
- Select System Restore.
- If prompted, enter administrator password.
- Follow the prompts in the Wizard to reach a restore point.
- Restore your computer.
Solution 6: Uninstall and Reinstall the QB program related to error 6144 82:
If error 6144 82 is caused by a specific program, reinstalling QuickBooks associated program can help.
- Click start and Open Programs and Features.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Programs and then Programs and Features.
- Find program associated to QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 under the Name column.
- Select QuickBooks-associated entry.
- Click the Uninstall on the top menu bar.
- Follow the prompts that appear on your screen directions to complete the uninstallation of QuickBooks Error 6144 82-associated program.
Solution 7: Run Windows System File Checker (sfs/scannow)
System File Checker is a useful Windows tool that helps you scan corruption in Windows system files.
Here is how you run System File Checker:
- Click the Start button.
- Type “command” in the search box (nut don’t press enter).
- Press CTRL and Shift keys together on your keyboard and press ENTER.
- A permission dialog box will pop up.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will appear with a blinking cursor.
- Type “sfc /scannow” in the box and hit ENTER.
- System File Checker will start scanning for QuickBooks Error 6144 82 and other system file issues (this may take several minutes).
- Follow the on-screen commands.
Solution 8: Check and install all Windows Updates available for your system
Sometimes fixing your run-time error such as error 6144 82 can be as simple as updating Windows.
Here is how you can check windows updates:
- Click the Start button.
- Type “update” in the search box and press ENTER.
- The Windows Update dialog box will pop up.
- Click the Install Updates button.
Solution 9: Run a clean installation of your Windows:
- This step will clean everything from your computer and you will have to start afresh. This is the final option in your endeavor to fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82. It will also remove all junk accumulated in your computer through your regular use of computer.
Hope, you find this article handy and useful. If the QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82 still persists or you are not comfortable in performing any of the above-mentioned trouble shooting steps, you can contact QuickBooks Support Team also you can take help from our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number 1-800-880-6389 we will provide you with quick and precise solutions of QuickBooks Error 6144 82.