- Last Updated on:   August 21st, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Are you using QuickBooks software and facing issues like Error 6147, 0. Then this blog post may help you to resolve this error. Generally, this is a common error code and appears when a users company file is get damaged or not properly located where they have stored in their computer device.
In this post, we have briefly described why this is happen and what solutions do a user required to fix an error codes.
Reasons behind error 6147, 0
- It is caused when your QB data file gets corrupted.
- You are restoring the backup using the network drive.
- Backup file name that goes beyond the limitation of about 210 Characters.
- There is a damaged Windows user
- Damaged QBW files
Below you will get the quick troubleshooting steps to resolve the Error code -6147,0. You can also checkout the infographic and understand the ways to fix this error easily:
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
A user need to check whether the new release of a QuickBooks software is up-to-date or not. The another method is you need to install and then run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose the company file errors or any network problem.
Solution 1: Save your Copy of a backup file into a local computer
- Open your QB file main menu and then select as utilities. Check if you see to host with a multi-user mode to access option, then choose the yes option and click on yes. It will prompts for a Company file that is closed. Click to yes option as again.
- Then restore and take another backup file from your local backup.
- Ensures that your company file path link is not more than 210 characters if the changes of a company file are located. Try to import it.
- Get to connect and send your file via the QB data service team.
Solution 2: Trend Micro Antivirus security for your System/Laptop.
- First go to the Antivirus settings.
- Then Select to ignore the track or can say the path option.
- Now ignore the main company file folder from it.
- Now press or hold the Ctrl shortcut key. Then as simultaneously open your QuickBooks software. To know at where your data file is located into a device.
- Now open your QuickBooks software without opening any company data file.
- Then hold the F2 key button. This will open the pop-up at which a user can see your product details consisting at where is the location of a company file folder path.
- If found any error or persist it again-n-again, consult from your Antivirus Service Provider or Your Antivirus Support Team.
Solution 3: Run the rebuild the Utility tool
- From the main file menu, click on utilities.
- Then click on rebuild the data.
- If you receive an instant backup to take company file data, then click to the OK button.
- If your PC displays the message & your QuickBooks is not responding. Now click to the Ok key button.
Solution 4: Trend Micro Active Scan & have to keep the folder aside that holds the company file details.
To find the company file location.
- Just give a double-click on QB software and then press the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- First open an application without opening a company file.
- Now choose the company file from a Window heading by selecting ‘No Company Open’.
- Also, make your certain & company file is on the top.
Hopefully above troubleshooting method will resolve your issue. If yet facing this typical error 6147, 0 code then troubleshoot it by asking expert guidance through calling at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1(800)880-6389. Feel hassle-free in connecting to our professionals and get instant support avails for 24/7/365.
Read more helpful articles: