What Does Error Code -6150, -1006 Mean? and How to Fix it
- Last Updated on: 24-Apr, 2018 |
- Posted by: QB
Guide to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006
QuickBooks is a multitasking software that takes care of most of the accounting and bookkeeping tasks for you and allows you to use your time in more innovative things. The software has helped millions of small and mid-sized business owners, accountants and entrepreneurs to meet their business goals and excel in their professional lives. However, this innovative software sometimes encounters errors while creating, opening and using a company file. Error codes -6150, -1006 may flash on your screen while performing the mentioned actions. Please note that the message that you see in the box that pops up n your screen may vary, however, the error code will always be the same.
Here’s a screenshot of the actual error:
Here are Some Examples
- An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again.
- If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6150 and -1006).
- We are sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code: (-6150, -1006)
Here are Some Reasons that May Trigger this Error
- Damaged company file
- Computer infected with CryptoWall virus.
- If the folder where the QuickBooks company file is stored has DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS (.txt or .html) document, your system is infected.
- Along with QuickBooks company file, the CryptoWall virus can harm other files and programs as well
- Intuit Data Services won’t be able to repair the infected files for the corruption is severe.
How to Fix this Error Code -6150, -1006
Here are Some Possible Solutions to this Error Code -6150, -1006
✔ Solution 1: Restore a backup a company file
- Go to QuickBooks File menu and click Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open or Restore a Backup Copy and click Next.
- Choose Local Backup and Next.
- Select the location of the backup file from the drop-down.
- Select the backup file.
- Click Open and then Next.
- Choose the location where you want to restore the file from the save in drop-down.
- Type a new file name in the file name field. Save as type field should will populate QuickBooks Files (*.QBW).
- Click save and respond to all the messages that pop up appropriately before the restoration starts.
- Click Save then carefully read and respond to any messages that appear before restoration begins.
✔ Solution 2: Recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop with Auto Data Recovery (ADR), then you may be able to able to recover almost all of your data if data loss or corruption happens. If you have not ADR then take help from our QuickBooks Data Recovery Support Department.
✔ Solution 3: Create QuickBooks Desktop Company File
- A QuickBooks Desktop company file holds financial records of a company. If you’re new to QuickBooks, you should start with creating a company file. In case you already have a company file, you can upgrade the file or check if it is the appropriate time to begin with a new company file to replace your old file.
I hope that these troubleshooting steps will help you to fix QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006. If the error persists even after performing the above mentioned troubleshoots, you can get in touch with our 24/7 QuickBooks Customer Support team. Our experts are equipped with the most updated tools and technologies and can help you fix any QuickBooks related issue in least possible time.
Simply reach out to the expert professional who can offer you the best services to repair QuickBooks error in a real time. We have a team of expert professionals who can provide you with all the services through the QuickBooks Error Support Number 800-880-6389 (Toll Free).
Here are Some More Topics to Read