- Last Updated on:   April 19th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
A complete Guide to fix QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006
Hello, QuickBooks users! This article is constructed to educate you about QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006, its reasons and possible solutions. Your
QuickBooks Desktop will give you prompts and error messages (that may not be same every time) to help you identify this issue.
What error messages you see?
You may see the following error messages on your desktop screen:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file. Please try again.
If the problem persists, contact Intuit Technical Support and provide them with the following error codes: (-6150 and -1006).
We are sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error code: (-6150, -1006)
Reasons that May Trigger this Error -6150, -1006
- Damaged company file
- Computer infected with CryptoWall virus.
Important Points to Remember:
- If the folder where the QuickBooks company file is stored has DECRYPT_INSTRUCTIONS (.txt or .html) document, your system is infected.
- Along with QuickBooks company file, the CryptoWall virus can harm other files and programs as well
- Intuit Data Services won’t be able to repair the infected files for the corruption is severe.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006?
If you have received QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006, you can try the following solutions. However, you can take instant help from QuickBooks error support team to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Restore a backup a company file
You may be able to fix QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006 by restoring your backup company file.
Please note that after you convert a company file to a later version of QB, you cannot open it in a previous version. In case you wish to use your previous QB version, you can restore a backup file you created using that version.
Steps to restore a backup company file:
- Go to QuickBooks File menu and click Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open or Restore a Backup Copy and click Next.
- Choose Local Backup and Next.
- Select the location of the backup file from the drop-down.
- Select the backup file.
- Click Open and then Next.
- Choose the location where you want to restore the file from the save in drop-down.
- Type a new file name in the file name field. Save as type field should will populate QuickBooks files (*.QBW).
- Click Save and respond to all the messages that pop up appropriately before the restoration starts.
- Click Save then carefully read and respond to any messages that appear before restoration begins.
If you still face error code -6150, -1006, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Recover lost data with QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop with Auto Data Recovery (ADR), then you may be able to able to recover almost all of your data if data loss or corruption happens.
- If you have not ADR then take help from our QuickBooks data recovery support team.
Solution 3: Create QuickBooks Desktop Company File
A QuickBooks Desktop company file holds financial records of a company. If you’re new to QuickBooks, you should start with creating a company file. In case you already have a company file, you can upgrade the file or check if it is the appropriate time to begin with a new company file to replace your old file.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to “No Company Open” window and select Create a new company.
- Choose Express Start or Detailed Start.
- Type in all the necessary details in QuickBooks Setup window.
(Select Help me choose to read the description for every business type and the preset chart of accounts that QuickBooks will craft for you per company.)
- Choose Create Company.
- Once your company file is created, start creating your customers, chart of accounts and services or do that later by selecting Start Working.
- Provide information on the Easy Step Interview screen and select Next.
- Select your Industry and hit Next.
- Select your type of business entity and select Next.
- Set your fiscal year’s first month and select Next.
- Choose your QuickBooks administrator password and select Next.
- Choose the location where you wish to store your company file and select Save.
- Choose Next to customize your QuickBooks or select Leave (you can do that later).
We hope that this article assists you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code -6150, -1006. In case the issue persists all the given steps or you have any other QB related issues, you can contact our 24×7 QuickBooks support team at +1 800 880 6389. We will be please to help you.
Few Other 6000 Series Error Messages:
|QuickBooks Error -6000, -80 Code||Error -6000, -77 in QuickBooks|
|Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6000||QuickBooks Error -6000, -301|
|QuickBooks Error -6000, -83 Code|