- Last Updated on:   April 22nd, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks is a robust software and has made into the good books of millions of small and mid-sized business owners across the globe. The multitasking software makes some of the most intricate tasks like managing financial records, creating invoices, and preparing taxes incredibly simple. And since the accounting software does so much of work, it sometimes faces some errors and issues that may impact your work.
What is QuickBooks Error 6175?
QuickBooks Error Code 6175, 0: Generally this error code appears when a QuickBooks user try to open/access the company file that is located in the local server. This happens when the database server does not respond or QuickBooks is unable to read the database services. Some service stops automatically if they are not in use by other services.
This blog post will help you to recover QuickBooks error code 6175 from your system. However, you can take help from QuickBooks online support team by dialing 1(800)880-6389 in case you are in hurry and want to save your time and efforts.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6105?
QuickBooks Error 6175 – Possible Reasons
Below are the reasons that may cause QB error 6175:
- This error occurs when QuickBooks fails to start the QuickBooks database services.
- When the server hosting company file (.qbw) is occupied to perform other tasks.
- When firewall blocks communication between the computer generating the error and the server where the company file (.qbw) is stored.
- Error -6175, 0 may occur at the time of company file communication.
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Error 6175, 0
Before you start troubleshooting this error, you should turn hosting at the Host system where the company files are stored. After that, switch to Multi-User mode. Once done, follow the below given steps to fix error 6175.
Solution 1: Ensure that server computer has QuickBooks Database Server Manager Setup appropriately
- Verify that QuickBooks desktop is installed on your server computer.
- Press Start menu key and enter the database and tap on QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click Start Scan.
- After the Scan process is complete, check if the error code 6175 still appears when you work on QuickBooks.
Important: In case you have QuickBooks installed and Database server manager is not available, first perform the second solution.
Solution 2: Get Hosting on Server Computer
If the error code occurs after applying the first solution or database server manager is missing, try the following steps.
- First of all, you need to Open QuickBooks software on the Server Computer
- Now Go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- After that, Select Host Multi-User Access from the Utility sub-menu.
- Select ‘Yes‘ option.
- Now Select Yes again once ‘Company file must be closed’ window appears.
- Read the conditions and select OK on the ‘Multi-user setup information’ window.
- Switch to Multi-User Mode from the File menu tab.
Solution 3: Change QuickBooksDBXX service to Local System Account
- First of all Click on Start key, on the keyboard.
- Type MISC in search bar at the bottom and hit Enter key.
- Locate QuickBooks DBXX service and d a right-click on it.
- Select properties option.
- Select the Log On tab.
- Click on the radio button next to Local System Account.
- Select Apply at the bottom.
- Select OK to reconfirm.
- Switch to multi-user mode again.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks on your server computer
- If all the above solutions doesn’t work and QuickBooks error code still persists, you can uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks on your server computer.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Download, install, and use the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- File doctor tool will automatically detect the actual problem and try to solve it.
I hope this blog assisted you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6175 and educated you about it causes and consequences. If you still receive this error code on your QuickBooks, you can contact our QuickBooks premier customer support team anytime by dialing 1(800)880-6389. All our experts have years of experience and cutting edge tools/technology to offer you the best solutions for QB related errors.