QuickBooks Error Code 6189
Last Updated on:
21-Mar, 2018 |
- Posted by: QB
QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the best accounting software. But it often some issues or errors. The QuickBooks errors 6189 is one of the most common ones that users face.
Error Status: On desktop screen it shows QuickBooks Error Code 6190, it is caused when a user will try to access the company file and this appears an error code as -6189. Thus, it means that you are not authorized to access the company file. Following Error messages user may see in their QuickBooks Desktop Screen.
This error mainly happens when you try to open a company file. Error 6189 message pops up making that company file inaccessible. So, in this blog today we are going to discuss about the causes as well as the solutions of QuickBooks Error Code 6189. If want any technical help? Ask expert guidance through contacting at QuickBooks Customer Support Team by dialing our toll free helpline number +1-800-880-6389.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6189.
- Any latest change in the QuickBooks software change can cause corruption in Windows Registry.
- Incomplete installation or damaged download of QuickBooks Software.
- Some malicious software can delete QuickBooks files. In fact, good software can also mistakenly delete the files.
- Virus and malware infections in the windows system or in the QuickBooks file causing damage to them.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6189
✔ Solution 1:- Restart the computer as well as the server
- Each desktop that has access to the company file should be restarted
- If the data server is on, then the server should also be restarted.
- And if the error still persists try solution 2.
✔ Solution 2:- Installing QuickBooks Database Manager in the server
- Make sure that QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager is installed on your server where the company files are stored.
- During the installation of the Database Manager no additional license is required.
- In case you do not see the QuickBooks database user, install Database Manager.
- Once the installation is done restart the server.
Important: Installing the Database Manager does not require an additional license.
✔ Solution 3:- Data File share service
- It is better for your company file, if you do not use any file sharing service like Sugarsync, Dropbox, Box.net etc. or any other type of online sync service.
- One of the major cause can be if you are using online auto backup utilities for QuickBooks.
- If you are trying to access company files via file sharing services then you are likely to face the error 6189.
- To avoid this, remove the company file from Dropbox and copy it in the C drive of your desktop.
✔ Solution 4:- Data file stored on Network drive
- Do make sure that the company file is not kept on a NAS device or any other removable device.
- This is because none of these devices have the permission to run the QuickBooks Database Manager
- And it is often seen that this set up can cause data corruption.
✔ Solution 5:- Usage of Encryption software on your computer
- In no way Intuit or QuickBooks ProAdvisor recommend encrypting the file.
- To disable the software or any other query reach out to your encryption vendor.
If still you face the error then get in touch with QuickBooks Error Support providers who will give you an instant solution to your problem. Our experts are always ready to provide feasible solution. So hassle free to call us and get quality based services from professionals.
To connect with U.S based QuickBooks Experts– Dial +1-800-880-6389 Tollfree.