- Last Updated on:   June 4th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
In recent days, many QuickBooks users has been reported that they are getting an error message (QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a Error loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library DLL) when they tried to open their QuickBooks. In this article, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a – Error loading type library/DLL and also know the best possible ways to troubleshoot this error. Follow the given instructions below to learn
You may see one of the following error messages given below in images:
Or You may get another error message on your screen
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a is an unexpected error that mainly occurs when a user try to open QuickBooks or a company file. Also this error can occur when a company file has been damaged or corrupted.
This error is also known as a run-time error and it is caused due to many factors. Know the possible causes as well as troubleshooting steps below. Let’s start with the possible reasons behind to this error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
- The QuickBooks Desktop file/files are corrupted, missing, or damaged.
- This error code generally occurs when a company file has been corrupted or unable to locate when users try to open their software.
- Your antivirus defender has incorrectly marked a QB Desktop file as being infected with several Trojans or Malicious.
- There is an corruption in Windows registry.
- An Incomplete Installation of QuickBooks Pro software.
- Error Code 80029c4a takes place while Windows startup or shutdown, or perhaps during the installation of the Windows operating system.
- QuickBooks component doesn’t start properly or the DLL files are missing or corrupted.
Symptoms of Error Code 80029c4a
- Windows runs slow or sluggishly.
- It Crashes the active program window.
- System “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
- Your computer system regularly collapses with Error 80029C4A
- Windows responds slowly to computer mouse or key-board input.
- QB Error Code 80029c4a may appear throughout during the program installation.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
QuickBooks error code 80029c4a can be simply eliminate by using the following given methods below. You have to follow every solution methods carefully in order to fix this error.
However, if you want to be risk-free or looking for expert’s help then our certified QuickBooks support team is available here to assist you in right manner. All you need to dial our toll-free 1(800)880-6389 to have a direct conversations with our ProAdvisors.
Method 1: Update Avast Program and Virus Definition
First of all, perform an Avast Virus definition and make all your programs as updated.
Note: If you are using another antivirus program then you need to update your antivirus first.
- First give a right click on your Avast icon.
- Select update option.
- Click on a Program tab & then follow the prompts to upgrade your Avast program.
- Now repeat the above steps 1-3 times & then select Engine & Virus option.
Method 2: Ensure the Antivirus Program have been Quarantined
Some antivirus programs accidentally block QuickBooks from loading the essential files.
- You need to verify your antivirus program for files that has been quarantined.
- Simply uninstall & reinstall QuickBooks software into your system. This allows the user to open your QB software as successfully.
If you see one of the programs listed here in your quarantine, allow permission to go through your firewall.
- Most of these files are located in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (year).
- Files with (x86) in the location, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX, are 64-bit versions.
Note: We highly recommend you to consult with your IT person before making any changes to your anti-virus programs.
Method 3: Run the Reboot.bat file
- First close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now open the folder which you want to reboot.bat file.
- Give one right click on the icon labeled as QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now select Properties.
- Hit a single click on Open File Location.
- Right click the reboot.bat file and select as Run as System Administrator.
- Make sure that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator.
- This depends on the window folder options settings file that shows as bat, reboot or reboot.bat
- Don’t close the window that appeared as manually. (This will open a blank window by scrolling features). This will close when your reboot.bat utility is completed.
- At last, restart your computer.
Method 4: Update your QuickBooks
- Re-install your QuickBooks using clean install.
- After that update the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the File menu and click Close Company or Logoff. (Note: If you open multiple company files in your QuickBooks on a same time, you have to follow this step for every company that is open)
- Now Click on the File & then go to Exit.
- Ensure you are using your computer as System Administrator.
- Keep in mind that there is No company open on your desktop screen.
- After that, go to Help menu option and then choose Update QuickBooks.
- Now select Options.
- Select mark all button and then click on Save button.
- Next, Click to the Update now.
- Click on the Reset Update and then select Get Updates.
- Once the update process is finish a pop-up will appear as update successful.
- After that press the Alt + F4 keys or Esc to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now open the QuickBooks desktop, if you get the Pop-up to install the update.
- Click to Yes Option.
- Once the updation is completed, you need to restart your computer.
Method 5: Perform a Windows Repair on QuickBooks
- First of all you need to Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Windows button, on your keyboard.
- Open the Control Panel on your system.
- And Click on Uninstall or change program.
- Now choose QuickBooks in the list of the programs.
- Click on Uninstall/Change program.
- In the QuickBooks installation window, click Next.
- Select the Repair Radio button, and then click on Next
- Now Click on the Repair button at the bottom.
- Once the repair process completes, click on Finish.
After performing the above steps we hope your QuickBooks software now be repaired.
- Restart your computer if needed.
- Open QuickBooks software to ensure it opens normally.
Get expert’s help
We hope you found this article helpful. If still facing this error after performing these steps then feel hassle-free to connect with our U.S Based accounting experts at 1(800)880-6389.QuickBooks error support services is available for 24/7.