- December 27, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks endows a wide range of tools & options to make your work interesting while tumbling the human effort. The data is confined & protected by numerous layers of intrinsically sanctuary that’s provided by savvy QuickBooks. Although this software is enormously safe and sound you should always keep information Backup. QuickBooks also keeps all the Payroll information, operations information, and client information is apprehended in it. What if somehow this information gets corrupted or broken?? Possibly, you would get into tons of hassle for sure.! This situation may not exclusively harm or damage the business but probably you would as well lose your customers. To deal with this and keep your data protected, we recommend keeping the information Backup at the slightest degree times & taking QB information backup almost every week.
In this technical blog, we are going to inform you about all the causes & troubleshooting steps to resolve the Error Code C=272. As we all know that QuickBooks is the most sophisticated and downloaded financial management software out there to administer company data in an organized behavior. However, few QB users experience some common errors in their software while performing some important tasks, one of those error codes encountered by QB users is “QuickBooks Error Code C=272″.
The error QuickBooks Error Code: C=272 occurs when QB users run the Verify Data Utility or the Rebuild Data utility, or while running a memorized report.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code C=272
Check out the causes of QB Error Code C=272 and here we have mentioned some of them below:-
- The QuickBooks Error Code C=272 may take place by data damage or if the QB software tries to move a report or report-like data.
- QB software restart and repeating the same action may do not resolve the error code & it possibly pop-up again. Due to the Error Code C=272 the QB data file probably get damaged or distorted.
- QuickBooks Error Code C=272 may also arise when 1099 & W2 forms (V6.OD R1 [M=1477, L5203, C=43, V=2(2)) are printed.
- If the running the memorized report was produced by earlier QB version and could not convert appropriately.
- The Verify or Rebuild utility stumble upon a target “bit set” that is outside of the anticipated range.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code C=272?
To fix this QB issue, at first try to open a QuickBooks sample company file if the data damaged. If the error still persists, then immobilize the Windows compatibility mode. However, You can also contact to QuickBooks Payroll Customer Service team to get immediate help from the experts.
1. Open the QuickBooks sample company file:
- First of all, Open the QuickBooks, Press and hold the “Ctrl” key on the keyboard.
- Whenever the “No Company Open” window appears, release the “Ctrl” key.
- If the error code arises before the “No Company Open” window appears, then proceed to the next step.
- Choose the “Open a sample file” in the “No Company Open” window. Hit onto any of the sample files in the list.
- Your QuickBooks company file may be distorted/ damaged if the sample company file opens without displaying any error code. Refer to “Verifying and rebuilding QuickBooks company data” or restore your QB company file from the backup.
- If the QB error appears while opening the sample company file, you may proceed with the next step and 3 to immobilize the Windows compatibility mode.
2. In the QuickBooks desktop setting, immobilize the Windows compatibility mode through shortcut icons:
- Perform right-click onto QuickBooks shortcut icon on the Windows desktop, and then choose the “Properties” tab.
- Now, Hit on the “Compatibility” icon.
- Clear the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode”.
- After that Hit the “OK” tab and click “Cancel” icon. Later, proceed with step 3, if that checkbox is not chosen,
3. Disable the Windows compatibility mode setting for the QBW32.EXE file:
- Perform right-click on the “QuickBooks” icon on the Windows desktop.
- Select the “Properties” tab.
- Open the QuickBooks installation folder, select the “Shortcut” icon and hit “Find Target” option.
- Press right-click on the QBW32.EXE & choose the “Properties” icon.
- Select the “Compatibility” icon.
- After that Clear the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode”.
- Now click to the “OK” tab.
- Choose the “Cancel” icon if that checkbox is not chosen.
- Shutdown the “Windows Explorer”.
- Finally, turn-off the QuickBooks desktop shortcut properties window.
4. Now Open QuickBooks & company file:
- Finally you need to open your QuickBooks software and the company file to ensure that the error is solved permanently.
I hope you find this article helpful. If still having difficulties the contact our QuickBooks Error Support team immediately. We, Pro Accountant Advisor is the top-notch QuickBooks technical support and services provider around the world wide with thousands of award projects. We are proficient in solving QuickBooks errors associated with Data Recovery, QB Installation, QB Updates, and other. If you are seeking immediate help, you can refer to this informative technical article or simply make a call to us on our toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1(800)880-6389. Our support executives will be more happy to help you out in your all accounting related issues.