- Last Updated on:   August 16th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Data Recovery, QuickBooks Error Codes
Sometimes, QuickBooks software encounters unknown malefic error messages such as:-
R# (M=1153, L=133, C=88, V=28 (FFFFFFF4)
The ‘C’ errors or data error usually appear in the QBWin.log as shown in the above format. This error code is more likely to see in the older version as compared to the newer version. The QuickBooks Error Code C=88 (Problem Reading One or More of the Data Trees in the File) generally occur in the following circumstances:-
- While working on the QuickBooks software.
- During using the authentic data within the company file.
- When some data issue occurs.
Under such situation, the QuickBooks Error Code C=88 appears repeatedly.
Intuit Inc. developed the QuickBooks software in the year 1983 to reduce time consumption & stress of accounting for businesses. Since then, it captured around 73% market of the United States in the sphere of accounting & bookkeeping solution.
What is the Meaning of Message Components?
M=1153: It stands for a module within the QuickBooks related with the error. This module endows technical support & programmer personnel with a frame of reference about the operation in progress at the time of the error.
L=133: The “L=133” stands for the line number on which the error encounters. This line number endows the details as to execute point in program execution. This is the point where error resulted in shut-down.
C=88: “C=88” stands for a specific error code. The fatal error messages containing “C=88” is a result of the data damage. This value usually appears when the QuickBooks doesn’t have any idea what to do with the damaged transaction.
V=28: when the error message contains “V=28”, it indicates that the technical support & programmer personnel may find useful in error resolution.
Reasons Behind of this QB Code C=88
Under a few conditions, C=88 error appear again and again in the same program location or function. It can be produced again and again.
Some of the reasons due to data file damages are given below:-
- Sudden drop out or surge in power.
- System crash or abnormal shutdown.
- Interruption caused due to the network.
- Workstation or network has less resource. This may include:-
- Processor clock speed and/or memory (RAM), or Network interface (cards, cables, switch, router, etc.)
- Error C=88 can occur when you check the data within the company file and find any data related problem. Standard QuickBooks data repair methods are enough to repair your data.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error C=88?
Below we have provided some quick tips and tricks to solve QuickBooks error code C=88. You need to follow each steps carefully to get rid of from the problem.
- Resort the lists.
- Execute the “Rebuild Data Utility”.
- Run the “Verify Data Utility”.
- Check the error messages in the Qbwin.log file.
- Repeat again the step 1 – 5 again after resolving the error messages in the QBwin.log file.
It might be possible that you find the above-shown steps a little time taking…! If you require a professional service to solve this error – we suggest you to contact our QuickBooks Data Recovery Customer Service team.
Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors provides a premium QuickBooks consulting service that provides instant support with the help of advanced edge-cutting tools and technology. So, get in touch with us today through our toll free number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389. We are available round the clock with 24 hour of customer service.
People Also Like: