- Last Updated on:   Aug 5th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Intuit launched the QuickBooks software to prevail the best accounting solution to the global business leaders. QuickBooks mainly focus on the mid-sized business houses, associations, and firms. It provides numerous features such as automatic payment schedule, business analysis reports, track inventory, and multi-users aptitude. But many users reported the H series error code frequently in the past few years. One of the most common H series error code is H505…!
What is QuickBooks Error H505?
Error Code: H505
Error Description: This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
QuickBooks Error code H505 appear when the user tries to get the company files or data on another computer & that computer does not have proper establishment setup or the computer require additional installation or setup.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
Check out the list of reasons of QuickBooks Error H505:
- Firewall block the incoming & outgoing communication to the company file
- Hosting configuration settings are improper or incorrect
- QuickBooks files/folders cannot be scan with the Database server on the server
- Damaged, missed, or incorrect .nd file
- When QuickBooks cannot trace the IP address of the computer
- When the QuickBooksDBXX service is not running
- Incorrect DNS settings
Resolution of QuickBooks Error Code H505
Try the below steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code H505:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Simply, download & run the QuickBooks File Doctor on the server. This will remove all the H – series & multi-user errors automatically. If the Error Code H505 is persisting, then apply the solution 2.
Solution 2: Verify services & hosting
Firstly, You need to Verify the services
- Make sure that the QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitor services are running:
- Hit the “Windows” or “Start” button
- Insert the key “Window+R“
- In the run box, enter “MSC” & press “Enter” tab
- In the service window, search for “QuickBooksDBXX service“
- Possibly, the QuickBooksDBXX service is not visible:
- Confirm that the Database Server Manager is installed on the server
- Open the QuickBooks, if the user runs the full program on the server. In the end, make sure that the hosting is enabling by verifying it.
- Open the “QuickBooksDBXX” service confirm that startup type & service status has begun.
- Hit the “Recovery” tab
- Save the changes
Verify the hosting
- Open “QuickBooks” on each hosting computer
- Go to “File“, then “Utilities“
- If you can see the “Host Multi-User Accesss” on the list. This simply means that the computer is unable to host the file.
- If you can see an option like “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access“, choose it
- Go to the “Company“
- Choose “File Must Be Closed window”
- Click “Yes”
Perhaps, the error still persists even after applying all the solutions mentioned above. In that case, all you require is the best QuickBooks Enterprise Support. We, Pro Accountant Advisor are a specialized team of certified QuickBooks technicians. You can get in touch with them at +1-800-880-6389.