- Last Updated on:   Jun 4th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, QuickBooks Error Codes
As we all know about it that QuickBooks is the beloved accounting software having advanced features to track all financial databases in a sequence.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss about one of the most reported error code that is faced by many QB users. QuickBooks error H202 may appear on your desktop screen when you are trying to open your company file in a multi-user mode but this error is preventing QuickBooks to perform the given task.
In order to know what causes the error H202, and how to resolve it understand the complete procedure given below. We ensure that these troubleshooting steps will might resolve your Error Code H202 instantly & provides the best result.
The images as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
Discussing some responsible issues that cause QuickBooks H202 errors as explained below:-
- Hosting configuration setting is incorrect.
- When QB file setting option blocks to access the company file. Thus it blocks incoming or outgoing communication.
- There is damaged or having an incorrect .ND files configuration that allows unable to access that allow the database file through QuickBooks.
- This unable to search the main IP address of host the system or by using some other IP address.
- A company data file is not communicating easily to the server.
- If the setting of DNS is improper or incomplete.
- The QuickBooks service like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF is not started.
- Firewall or a security software is blocking the communication to the company file.
- When a user will try to work with a company file & it is located with a multi –user mode & this replicates the QuickBooks that is unable to reach the server on your system.
Method to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202
To Resolve the error code H202 try to follow one of these given solutions:
Method 1: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool
To Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool Click Here: http://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/qbfd.exe
Important Note: If you currently have a version of File Doctor on your computer system (you will certainly see an File Doctor Icon on your desktop screen), you will need to proceed with downloading and installing File Doctor from this article to ensure you have the latest release. It is advised to uninstall any type of previous variations of File Doctor prior to downloading and installing.
Firstly download the QuickBooks file doctor on your server. This helps to clear your H202 error in a multi-user mode as automatically. If in case, a user face an issue the same, try to proceed the Next solution.
Method 2: Verifying the QuickBooks hosting
- On hosting computer, open QuickBooks and then select “File” & click on “Utilities“.
- See the list of “Host Multi-User” to Access it, this computer is not hosting the file. Move to the next system. Note one thing don’t change anything on your workstation.
- If you see “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access“, select it.
- Ensure that company file must be closed, click to “Yes” option.
Method 3: Verify the QuickBooks Services
- First make sure that “QuickBooksDBXX & QBCFMonitor” services and start this.
- First click on Windows “Start” button.
- Then press the keys as “Windows + R” to run the program.
- In that running dialog box, type as “MSC” and hit “Enter” key.
- Service Window: – Scroll down and the presence of QuickBooks DBXX service.
- QuickBooksDBXX service is not seen or unable to look forward as.
- With the help of using Database Server Manager now confirm it and get to installed on a server.
- Now “Run” your full program on a server, first open the QuickBooks now select and then verified that the hosting is enabled or not.
- Give a double-click the “QuickBooksDBXX” service. Then get to confirm what is the Startup type & also the service status begins.
- Now select the “Recovery” option.
- Open your computer menu & restart it thus it will automatically restart your “QuickBooksDBXX” service if in case it fails. Do the same for Second failure.
- Now “Apply” to save all your changes.
- The above steps for “QBCFMonitor” Service, replay it.
- Then make a fresh start your QuickBooks software in the multi-user mode on your each workstation.
Method 4: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server
There might be a firewall issue if you see QB Error H202 on one or more of your workstations. To fix the issue “Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager” on your server computer to fix the connection.
- On your server compute, Open the “Windows Start Menu“
- After that type “Database” into the search bar and then open “database server manager“.
- Choose the “Complete folder” that is holding your company files. Or you can choose the “Browse” option to find it on your computer.
- After that choose “Start Scan” option.
- Once the start scan command granted the “Database Server Manager tool” will automatically repair your firewall permissions.
- Once the “Scan process” completed, click on “Close“.
- Now open your QuickBooks on each workstation where you see Error H202.
- You should also open QuickBooks on your server computer if you use it as a workstation
- Navigate to the “File menu” and choose the “Switch to Multi-User Mode“.
Important: If your workstations can go into multi-user mode without any issues, everything is fixed.
We hope this blog helped to resolve your QuickBooks Error Code H202. If still the same error persist then connect with our QuickBooks enterprise support number 1(800)880-6389. Our enterprise support team will be pleased to help you out in your accounting problems.