- Last Updated on:   August 20th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks Error Server Busy mainly occurs when you are using QB Desktop. A dialogue box will open on your screen announcing “QuickBooks Error: Server Busy: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy”. QuickBooks Desktop is specialized accounting software used for various business operations. Hence, it is necessary keep this financial accounting tool fit always. Moreover, it also hold numerous of your momentous business information.
This error is quite complicated to fix and thus it needs an IT professional hand to solve this issue, thus feel free to call at +1(800)880-6389. Lets us begin with the causes of this error and after that, we will discuss the fixation of QuickBooks Error: Server Busy.
Causes of QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
- Another program waiting for your feedback is trying to work on QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check whether Windows Update is running or not. If the windows update is running in the background then this arrangement would probably cause this issue..!
- Either QuickBooks Desktop application or some of its components did not appropriately turn-off whilst you lastly shut-down the QuickBooks.
- More than one computer is set to host QuickBooks application company files.
- Software security application or Personal Firewall is blocking the update of QuickBooks Desktop.
- May be due to the clash between QuickBooks Update Manager and other programs/applications of the computer.
- This issue may appear due to the clashes between Intuit ProSeries (US) & profiles (Canada).
- Fewer resources to run the QuickBooks Desktop.
You may see that an error message comes on your screen while you are working in QuickBooks Desktop:
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error: Server Busy
Firstly check your network resources and then open the QuickBooks application again. Implement the steps mentioned below so that the QuickBooks Error: Server Busy could be solved.
Method 1: Shut-Down All Open Programs
- Make sure that in any open program there is no dialogue box. For Example, a dialogue box of MS Word is asking you to save the document and this is the one reason which leads to server busy error message.
- Programs like Norton, Windows Defender, Google Desktop, Vista Security, and Pivot Software Control have the reason.
- You are trying to use selective startup in Windows then stop IntuitFCS.
- Webroot Spy Sweeper is causing this error message. Temporarily Disable QuickBooks Desktop or just run it in gamer mode. For further information check that in Webroot Spy Sweeper User Guide.
Method 2: Try to update the Windows
Check for your Windows updates if there is an update to be made then update it and restart your computer and try working on QuickBooks. And if there are no updates then jump to the next solution.
Method 3: Check and close all the QuickBooks Desktop Components
- Shut your QB data file & then exit QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Hit onto the “Windows taskbar” icon and then click on the “Task Manager” icon.
- Click on the “Processes” icon.
- Choose each process and then you can click onto the “Finish Process” icon.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and then later open the QuickBooks data file.
Method 4: Remove the QuickBooks Update Agent displaying the “Server Busy” error message
- Click on the “Windows” or “Start” menu.
- Click on the “All Programs” icon.
- Choose the “Startup” tab.
- Right-tap on the QuickBooks Update Agent and then select Delete option.
- Click on Delete Shortcut.
- Shut all shared updates in the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Help tab and then choose Update QuickBooks.
- Select Options.
- Click on Share Download option and then select No then close.
- Run reboot.bat file
- Repair QuickBooks desktop.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install.
When Intuit ProSeries is installed on the computer
- Check Windows Task Manager for QbpsevntXXr.exe and note that the XX denotes the year of your software.
- Open Explorer Browser.
- Browse and then open Intuit ProSeries folder for that specific year. It usually looks like this- C: \ ProWinXX (XX is the year of Intuit ProSeries).
- Open 32-bit folder.
- Find qbpsevntXXr.exe and rename it by adding “.old” at the end of the renamed file.
- EXAMPLE: qbpsevnt18r.exe.old.
- Close the Windows Explorer.
If the above prescribed steps are unable to troubleshoot this issue, try the sequential actions given below with the help of an IT professional or any under the guidance of any expert.
- Boot the Windows to SafeMode with Networking, then start the QuickBooks Desktop application, and later restart the Windows in Normal Mode will frequently fix this problem.
- Try to run QuickBooks Desktop application and then perform the action causing the technical error in Windows Selective Startup and later Windows Safe Mode.
- In case, you are operating the QuickBooks Desktop on a network, then restart the machine, and later reconnect the system to all mapped drives.
- Figure out if the backup or mirroring software is running on the server or a network. If this is so, it may be actively scanning the hard drive, blocking the access to QuickBooks Desktop application files & leading to this error. Test this by temporarily disabling the software to see if the QuickBooks Desktop issue recurs. If it doesn’t, there is a conflict with the scanning software that must be resolved with help from your system or network administrator (if you have one), the vendor from whom they purchased the software or hardware, the manufacturer’s or software developer’s Web site, or a local computer consultant.
- If there is security software installed on the server machine, it may be scanning new and updated files in the background and therefore locking up the template file. To prevent this, either disable the security software or add .DOC files to the exception list. Please see your security software’s documentation for steps on how to do this.
We hope that with help of troubleshooting steps mentioned above really did help you a lot and if you still have any doubts then feel free to seek help from our QuickBooks toll-free helpline number at +1(800)880-6389.
Other helpful articles