- Last Updated on:   April 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks
In the modern world, accounting & bookkeeping completely changed from the traditional ways. Now the paperwork has been eliminated and the advanced digital accounting applications take over its place. In the pace of growing technology as well sheer amount of work using such application is the best possible way to reduce manual effort and speedup the business operations. One of the top-notch financial accounting software is QuickBooks. This technology oriented accounting & bookkeeping software suit has been created & designed by Intuit Inc.
Unfortunately, this cutting edge software comes with a decent cost but still suffers through ‘QuickBooks Errors’ that obligate the QB operations that are necessary for an enterprise or business house. This is where Intuit Inc. introduced the QuickBooks File Doctor tool. This tool is specially designed to prevent the QuickBooks data file(s) from damage & corruption. It is also able to assist the users to resolve the network issues manually.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor?
Intuit combined 2 connection diagnostic tools in one program that is QuickBooks File Doctor. In earlier, intuit has a two various program to resolve different issues. One was QuickBooks connection file diagnostic tool (QCFD) and the another was QuickBooks network connection diagnostic tool (QNCD).
QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor tool (QBFD) is a in-built tool that is integrated in QuickBooks 2016 and the later versions. This file doctor tool is mostly used to detect and solve the QuickBooks errors that occurs in your company file over network. You can use this tool if you think there is any data damage or you are receiving -6000 series errors preventing you from opening your company file.
List of QuickBooks Database Errors
Here are some of the QB errors that can be fixed by using the QuickBooks File Doctor. Some of error codes that arises when QB user unable to open/access the company file(s)
|Error -6000 -301||Error -6000 -82|
|Error -6000 -305||Error -6150|
|Error -6147||Error -6130|
Some of the errors that occurs when QuickBooks opens in multi-user mode or network:
|QuickBooks Error H202||Error H303|
|Error H505||QuickBooks Error H101|
Here are some of the facts that are logical that may cause the QuickBooks Data Corruption/Damage:-
- When the QuickBooks Database file dimensions reach beyond its limit which is 200 MB for 450 MB, QuickBooks Pro & for Enterprise.
- Lack of Specification together with the resources. i.e. RAM, Network Interface, Virtual Memory, Network Cables, Routers, etc..
- Improper QuickBooks shutdown can cause this issue.
- In Case, if you don’t have proper UPS the abrupt power fluctuation or fall can become a reason that may hurt the entire disk.
- Due to The malicious attack of this malware or virus on the hard drive that stores QB database.
Types of QuickBooks file doctor tool
- The QuickBooks file doctor stand-alone version
(Note: You can download the most recent File Doctor version from the internet). The stand-alone version is used from the web server where only the QuickBooks Database Server Manager component is installed for file hosting objectives.
- Built-In File Doctor for QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and later.
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool (QBFD) only works with in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. It is NOT compatible with QuickBooks for Mac systems.
- For QuickBooks 2015 and later QuickBooks versions, you may be get a prompted on your screen that displays Please run the internal (built-in) version of QB File Doctor.
- To access Network diagnosis and repair settings use the Admin login in Windows systems.
- For Multi-user repair and diagnosis settings user should first verify that QuickBooks Hosting is in ON mode.
- QuickBooks File repair Settings: (optional)
When to Use QB File Doctor tool?
- To combat the errors and technical issues QuickBooks File Doctor have been introduced.
- It is a simple and effective software that detects and repairs different variety of files and also fixes the corruption of data.
- This software is also used to fix network diagnosis, windows problems and many others.
- This tool helps the users in checking all the damaged files and then instantly getting them fixed.
- QB File Doctor is said to be the easiest way to troubleshoot and fix errors.
How Does QuickBooks File Doctor tool help?
- If you have lost some of the important files of the company or any employee data then QuickBooks file doctor will assist in accessing the company files without any hassle.
- In case you are unable to access company files and facing the QuickBooks Error 6000 series like 6146, 6150 and 6130 then this software fixes all the problems.
- When you face network issues and mainly accessing the multi-user setup problem (H101, H202, H303, or H505 errors), this tool can prove to be very effective.
- QuickBooks File Doctor can resolve if your file is severely damaged and cannot open it.
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor?
This video will help you to understand the complete procedure for using the QuickBooks file doctor tool (QBFD).
Checkout the steps to operate or run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool correctly:
- Go to the Intuit QuickBooks official website and download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on the computer.
Note: If the system already contains any File Doctor version then it will appear as a green File Doctor icon on the computer. In case, you have older version of QuickBooks File Doctor then recommended uninstalling it and downloading the latest version File Doctor.
- Once the download completed, perform double-click on the qbfd.exe file and later, follow the instruction to install the QBFD tool.
- After the proper installation, QB File Doctor opens automatically. In case, you don’t see File Doctor opening – go to the green icon at the “Task Bar” windows.
- In the drop-down list, search for the desired QB company file. In case, you don’t see the QB company file list – hit onto the “browse” icon & proceed to continue with the given instructions.
- Choose one of the options given below:-
- Both QB file damage & network connectivity: If you detect any damage in the QB company file, or you encounter 6xxx series errors such as -6150, -6000 -305, -6000 -82, etc.
- Network connectivity only: In case, you are using QuickBooks in multiple user environment & receive error code H202 or H303 or H505 while opening the QB Company file in multi-user environment.
- If instructed, type-in the QB Company file Admin password and later, hit onto the “Next” tab.
- Once redirected to select the ‘Host/Server’ or ‘Computer’.
- Ensure that you select the right option..!
- In case, you are running the File Doctor on the system other then host computer or server – then select the “Workstation” icon.
- In case, the QB File Doctor running on the server – then, hit onto the “Server” icon.
- Select one of the given alternative below in a condition when instructed to share the company file:-
- Yes: This option supposes to be chosen if File Doctor run on the system hosting QB Company file.
- No: This option supposes to be chosen if File Doctor doesn’t run on the system hosting QB Company file.
- Finally, wait for the Q1uickBooks File Doctor to finish the diagnoses.
Even though QB File Doctor is an effective tool to solve multiple errors in QuickBooks, but it cannot resolve all. To solve them you need to take professional help. If there is any other problem occurs while using QuickBooks File Doctor tool, or if the file doctor fails to do repair damaged company file then we recommend you to take help from our QuickBooks Support team by dialing 1(800)880-6389.
We help you in:
- To detect and repair all the QB errors download using QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- We help you to Uninstall and reinstall your QuickBooks Software.
- After uninstalling your software, We run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Our Intuit certified ProAdvisors are highly skilled & well-experienced and also capable to handle all major bookkeeping related tasks.