- Last Updated on:   March 27th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
What is QuickBooks install Dianostic Tool?
Well, QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBinstall) is a versatile tool specially designed and developed to diagnose & repair the technical glitches that may arises during the QuickBooks installation process. In case, you are experiencing QB associated hassles while QuickBooks installation, QB Install Diagnostic tool is very helpful to get relieve of these QB error.
Through this informative article, learn ‘How to use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’. Either you can also consult with the QuickBooks certified ProAdvisor at our QuickBooks Support number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389 in order to save the time & effort.
It might be possible that you are familiar with the fact that the QuickBooks Desktop needs many Microsoft components for the accurate implementation of the application. However without proper QuickBooks functioning, it is tough to manage the business efficiently. Perhaps it is possible that anyone of the elements/items is absent, missing, damage, or not running properly then it will affect the QuickBooks software as well as business operation, you will receive the QuickBooks error notification.
QBInstall tool can troubleshoot the QB issues with .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++. QuickBooks application utilizes some of the Microsoft components & when one or more components stop operating normally or become wobbly /unstable, and then the operating system shows the QuickBooks errors. Downloading & installing the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool can resolve a lot of problems which you may come across while installing this accounting software.
QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
The errors listed below may happen if your Operating System is damaged or one of the core Microsoft elements that QuickBooks uses is unstable or not functioning properly.
Download, install and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall Tool) to fix a wide range of QuickBooks errors that you may obtain when installing QuickBooks Desktop such as:
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- Error 1935
- Error 1904
- QB Error Code 1402
- Errors Connecting to damaged Microsoft.NET Framework
- Errors Connecting to damaged MSXML and also C++
- Problems opening QuickBooks Desktop such as QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks unrecoverable errors.
How does QuickBooks Install Diagnostic (QBInstall) Tool Works?
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can fix a wide range of technical errors that occurs while configuring QuickBooks desktop version. To save time on troubleshooting, be sure to run QBInstall before manually fixing installation issues.
Points to keep Remember while using QB Install diagnostic tool
- After downloading this installation tool in your computer, always remember to shut all the background running program before clicking on the file to run the tool.
- If you are not a tech savvy and unable to perform any of the steps, you need to consult with your IT professional or a Windows expert.
- This tool will automatically, detect and then try to fix your error. In some cases and make your system to reboot it.
- If the tool indicates, this display a message that is named as No Error were detected. This means to say it will unable to solve your problem.
- After running the tool, you may need to re-register or reactivate QuickBooks Desktop.
How to Solve Installation Errors using QBinstall diagnostic tool?
Diagnose Connection Tab
- This tab helps to test the PC and try to setup the company data file that is accessible from a computer device whether you configured for a single user or for a multi-user mode.
- This firewall status area shows all basic instruction that is all about firewall.
Test your Connectivity
- Test connectivity describes the area that lets to check all your workstation connectivity.
How to test your connectivity?
- Firstly click to the button just next to the Company file main field, where you want to locate your company file.
- Use Linux system only if the network setup good. It is an alternate section mode. To perform the action you need to select to change the hosting server check dialog box.
Steps to Fix Microsoft.NET, MSXML and C++ Issues with QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Below are the quick methods to solve QB Desktop Installation Errors.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- First of all, download the QBinstall tool (Note: To download the software please click on the given link: http://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe)
- Save the software setup files in the local desktop once notification prompt.
- Close all the running programs that are running on your system.
- Now run the program by pressing a double-clicking on the QB Install_tool_v2.exe. file.
- Once the diagnose process gets complete you need to reboot your computer system. (Note: Ensure that the proper update of the component is successful)
Important: Make it sure that the connectivity of Internet connection is strong and stable because the installation process involves downloading sometimes. Slow internet connectivity can affect the downloading process of QBinstall tool.
Solution 2: Perform the Windows Update
- Perform the Windows update after installing & finding some missing updates pertaining to .NET framework, MSXML & C++.
- If in case these components are outdated, QuickBooks will not able to install correctly. Update your windows or it’s component to the latest release.
Solution 3: Re-install the QuickBooks Software in a Selective Startup Mode
Follow the steps to understand how to Reinstall the QuickBooks in a selective startup mode:
- Press Ctrl + R keys on your keyboard to open run dialog box.
- After that type msconfig and click OK button.
- Under the General tab, select the selective startup option, and then select load system services or load startup items.
- Click to the Services tab.
- After that select hide all MS and click it to disable all.
- Now click it clear to hide all MS services in the given checkbox.
- Check mark on the list of services and then ensures whether you are Window Installer, checkbox if it is selected. If not, Click to select heading and then click to OK button.
- Restart the system configuration window and then restart your PC.
- Once the system restarted reinstall QuickBooks by using a clean installation process.
When the installation process is completed, now follow the steps to make it restore in its normal configuration.
- On your keyboard, hold the Ctrl + R keys. This command will open the Run dialog box.
- After that type msconfig and then Click OK button.
- Now go into the general tab and choose Normal Startup option.
- Click OK button.
- Finally click to restart in the system configuration windows. This will restart your computer again.
Get QuickBooks support & help
In case you are having difficulties in downloading the QBInstall Diagnostic tool or facing problems while using this tool or you have any other type of queries, then get expert’s guidance by U.S based accounting professionals, CPA’s and industries best accountants that is accessible through various modes of services by email, voice call or remote support.
I hope you found this article informative and understand the complete concept of QuickBooks install diagnostic tool & it’s functions. However, if still the installation related problems persists or you stuck somewhere then immediately contact QuickBooks technical support team.