- August 22, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes
Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Installation Error Code 1920
QuickBooks is one of the most trusted accounting software in the world. Right from big companies to small businesses, today almost everyone is using this cutting edge software. Not only does it help in accounting and bookkeeping but also with the overall financial management of the company. Each year new version of this application is launched with new and improved features. Even though it is one of the best accounting software, yet users at times do face technical errors. These technical errors can be managed but at times for the more complicated ones you have seek assistance from the QuickBooks Support service providers.
In this article we will discuss the issue of QuickBooks installation error 1920. In most cases this error occurs when you are trying to install QuickBooks Desktop or a program update. This generally happens when QuickBooks Database Manager Scans installed hard drives for the company to create a connection with those files. As this services tries to access the drive on the desktop and is not able to so the installation is affected.
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920
- First thing to do is rename the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- After this open your QuickBooks Desktop and then open the company file.
- Now on your keyboard press on F2 or ctrl+1 keys so as to open the Product Information
- After this track the location of the company file listed in the File Information.
Important Note: In case the file name is quite long, it will be displayed with and ellipsis.
- Once done close QuickBooks Desktop
- After this navigate to the company file location
- For Windows 10, 8.1 and 8: Right-click on the Windows Start button and then choose File Explorer
- For Windows 7 and Vista: Right-click on the Windows Start Button and then select the Open Windows Explorer.
- Once done you have to right-click on the file and choose the Rename option
- After this type the new name of the company files and click on Enter. In case, Windows asks you confirm you to give confirmation for the action then click on yes.
Use Windows Explorer to search and rename every folder locations listed for your Version of Windows
|For Windows 10/8/7||For Windows Vista
|C:\Program Data\Intuit||C:\Program Data\Intuit
|C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
|C:\Program Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
|C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
If still the problem “QuickBooks database installation error 1920″ doesn’t get resolved after following the above steps then you can seek assistance from QuickBooks Error Support team. Our Accounting Expert technicians are available 24/7 to provide you solution to your problems as well simple tips to avoid in the near future. Contact us at 1(800)880.6389 today.