- Last Updated on:   Jun 14th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Customer Service
Send Invoices From QuickBooks To Gmail – An A To Z Guide
After QuickBooks Online teamed up with Google, it has been as simple as possible for you to invoice your clients from within your Gmail inbox. An add-on, QB invoicing for Gmail is entrenched within the inbox of your Gmail account and is simple to us. With this feature, you can now create invoices for your customers from the data available in your email.
After an invoice is created in Gmail, it will be synced to QuickBooks Online. Intuit has also launched an app called “QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail” to make the work of the business owners simpler. The app is highly recommended for small businesses.
Tips to Connect with Gmail
It’s not necessary for you to be an existing user of QuickBooks Online to send an invoice.
Login to your Gmail account and go to the G Suite Marketplace.
- You can install “QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail” and create the invoicing.
- There are multiple QuickBooks apps, thus you should be careful while establishing this app in choosing the appropriate app.
- Then return to your “Gmail dashboard” and open “Email inbox” and find the “QuickBooks icon” on the right.
- Click the “QB” icon and then the “Authorize Access link“.
- Allow the app to access your account.
- Find the option that would allow you to connect existing account or to “Sign up” for a “New account“.
- When we use more than one accounts or any other client account, click the “Add app” to firm link.
- Connect QuickBooks invoicing for Gmail app to your firm for testing.
- Click the “Confirm tab” and get connected and ready to create the invoice from Gmail.
- Now, you can open an email message to create an invoice, and while creating and viewing an invoice, click the “QB” icon and new invoice window would open on the right.
Add the Logo on an Invoice
You can easily add your logo to an invoice using both “Gmail and QuickBooks invoicing”.
- Look at the top of the screen, and you will find your “Company logo” added there. It will automatically show on invoices. This can also be added in the app settings.
- When you “Send an invoice” to a customer and that customer’s name already exists in your QuickBooks online support list, the invoice will be added to the account.
- In case the name of the customer is not in the existing list then a new customer need to be added to the QB Online list so that you can search it later with the client name.
- If the customer “Email address” is occupied from Gmail message, you can click the link to “Add a product” or “Services” or add a “New item” here.
- This act will also set the due date for the invoice.
- You can also “Create a message” for the invoice instead of the default one available for you to use.
Adding the Product services
If you type a name of a product or service line, a matching list will appear. This list automatically shows up from QuickBooks Online product and service list.
If you find other names from matching list, you can easily add those product or services to your list.
Fees for QuickBooks Invoicing Subscription
- This feature has no monthly subscription fee. However, a transaction fee will apply if your customers pay invoices online.
- Bank & Credit Cards Fees: For Bank Transfers the cost will be $1.50/transaction and for Credit Cards, the cost is “2.9%+ 25 cents/transaction“.
- In the rate field, you can find the options of Flat rate, By Hour, or By Quantity.
- Buy Hour: If you select “by hour” option, you will be asked for the hours or quantity.
- You can change or edit the Description and Price sections.
- Taxable Switch: Taxable Switch determines when sales tax is to get applied to this product. In case the product is marked as a taxable item, it would show as being taxable here.
- When you click Add button to include this to the invoice and return to the invoice, you can easily point out that the item and a sales tax line has been added.
- If sales tax is default to your existing QuickBooks Online account settings, you can easily edit this setting.
The term field will have the following options:
- Due today
- In 7 days
- 15 days
- 30 days Custom due date
In case you choose Custom due date, you can put in a specific date.
FAQs about QuickBooks Invoicing For Gmail
There might be some questions that may be arising in your mind after completing the invoicing for Gmail. Here we have included some of the most probable queries for you:
✔ Question: Is it possible to send a copy of the invoice email to self?
Answer: No. You can send an invoice to just one recipient.
✔ Question: How can I add or edit my bank account?
Answer: Go on “Gmail add-on > the menu > Settings > Manage“. This section will allow you to add or edit your bank information in the new tab.
✔ Question: What are the different methods through which I can accept payments from my customers with my account?
Answer: There are two ways to accept payments:
- Email an invoice to your customer stating that they can pay online.
- Take a credit card detail in QuickBooks Invoicing through a Receive Payment.
✔ Question: Will there be any fee to process a refund?
✔ Question: How can I change the information on my account?
Answer: Click the “Gear icon” at the top and go to Accountant Settings/company setting
- Company tab-Customer facing information
- Payments tab-payment account information
We hope that this blog post furnishes you with all the information you require in regards to QuickBooks Invoicing for Gmail.
If you have any more questions or queries related to this topic, you can call us at +1 800 880 6389. Our QuickBooks technical support department will be more happy to help you out in this.
You might be also like