- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks is highly renowned accounting software used by both small and middle sized organizations. But sometimes, it faces some technical issues and errors so through this blog post we are going to explain you about one of the most common error code that is ‘QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114‘. When this error occurs, a message pop ups on your screen in the middle of the program installation and this can happen while shutting down of Windows, or amid the operation system of windows installation.
Causes Behind of QB Payroll Error 30144
Here are the causes of this error which will further help you figure out the solution for the same:
- Improper QuickBooks software installation and corrupt file download.
- QuickBooks associated files have been deleted or erroneously erased by another application.
- Corruption in the registry of windows
- Run-time errors
- Virus infection or malware
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 30114
Check out the reasons due to which the error code 30114 appears:-
- When the QuickBooks Error 30114 appears, the active window starts crashing frequently.
- System crash frequently after an interval of time while running the same program.
- The error appears on the screen as “QuickBooks Error Code 30114”.
- Windows, keyboard, and mouse respond slowly.
- Computer “freezes” periodically.
The Error Code 30114 appears during the download or installation process.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 30144
Once you know the reason, you can follow the below steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30114. However, you can take instant help from our QuickBooks Error Support team.
It has been suggested that the steps given below should be followed in ascending order as to avoid the steps being more troublesome and tedious.
- Click on the Start menu
- Enter command in the search button
- Hold the Ctrl + Shift and press Enter now.
- You will see a permission window dialog box.
- Click Yes
- A black window with squinting cursor will appear
- Enter ‘regedit’ and press Enter
- Choose the Error 30114 – associated key (you need to back up) into the Registry Editor window
- From file menu, choose the Export button
- Now choose the desired folder in order to save the backup key of QB
- Now, enter the name for the backup file in the file name window
- Ensure that ‘Selected Branch’ is marked into the Export Range window.
- Click on Save.
- The file will be saved with a .reg document
- Now you will get the backup of the QB-related registry section.
Following this, do a complete malware scan of the computer:
If you find that there is a malware infection on the computer, then you shall do a quick scan.
Later that, follow these steps:
- Clean the System Junk
- Update the System Device Drivers
- Use Windows System Restore and Undo the Recent changes of the system
- Uninstall the QB and install the Program related to the Payroll Error 30114
- Run file checker
- Install the windows updates that are available
- Perform a Fresh Windows Installation.
We hope you find this article helpful. If you find any issue while following the above steps, you can connect with us through our QuickBooks Chat Support team or you can call our experts on our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Helpline 1(800)880-6389. Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors will look forward to your concern and provide you feasible solution for your concerns.