- Last Updated on:   Apr 14th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
Widely recognized accounting software, QuickBooks is prone to a range of errors and all of these errors have a specific reason behind their occurrence but QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 is odd one out with no specific reason for its occurrence.
This error is a generic code error and can occur when one tries to download the latest payroll update. A human error, a machine error or a mix of both can be the cause of this error. A faster way to resolve the error is that you can get in touch with our experts at Pro Accountant Advisor by calling our QuickBooks support number i.e. 1(800)880-6389. In the other case, you can follow the step by step guide given below to resolve the error on your own.
You might also like: How to recover deleted QuickBooks data files?
What Causes QuickBooks Error PS058?
There might be too many reasons behind to this error. Few are as given below:
- Windows Explorer files are corrupted.
- Damaged QuickBooks company files
- Firewall or other security applications are preventing QuickBooks to access.
- Your QB company files are not available on local drive
Troubleshooting Steps for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
Below we have given the solution steps to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058. All the given steps are easy and convenient to perform, however you if you face any problem you can contact QuickBooks payroll error support team to get instant help.
Solution 1: Download Payroll Update again
- First of all you need to download the payroll update again from the payroll server
- From the Help menu, go to ‘Employees‘ and then click on ‘Get payroll updates‘
- Click on ‘Download Entire Update‘ checkbox
- Hit a click on ‘Download Latest Update‘.
Solution 2: Now try to download the latest upgrade release from Intuit QuickBooks.
- Download the latest update of QuickBooks Software from the Intuit main website.
- You can check the the version of your QuickBooks software by following these steps:
Solution 3: Download the latest software update online
- First of all, download the patch file ‘qbwebpatch.exe’. This can be downloaded from http://www.quickbooks.com/support.
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection and download the patch file.
- Shift the downloaded file from computer to that computer that has QuickBooks on it
- Now, install the patch file and update the tax file from CD/Flash Drive.
Solution 4: Check of there are any errors in Company file
- Press ‘F2‘ or ‘Ctrl+1‘ keys to open the ‘Product Information’ Ensure that QuickBooks is open.
- In the Product Information window, press ‘F3 or Ctrl+2‘ keys
- Now, go to ‘Tech Help‘ window, and click on ‘Open File’
- If there is any file named ‘qbwin.log’ then double click on it.
- To open a small window, press the keys ‘Ctrl+F‘ keys. Enter the word ‘Error’ in the field and hit ‘Enter‘.
- Now, identify the numerical error code which can be QuickBooks Error 15270 and look for it on the website.
Read this also: Change Employee Payroll Information through QuickBooks
Solution 5: If no error found in last step or you have used RegCure, then follow the steps below:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press ‘Ctrl+Alt+Delete‘ keys and open ‘Task Manager utility‘
- Now, search the following programs in the list- ‘qbupdate.exe’ and ‘qbdagent2001.exe’. If you find them, close them using ‘Close Program’ tab.
- In the search window, type ‘reboot.bat’
- When you find the file, double click on it.
- This will open a ‘DOS-type shell‘ and will be closed automatically once it’s done.
- Now, restart your system and download the latest payroll update again.
Solution 6: Run reboot.bat file
- On your keyboard, Press ‘CTRL + ALT + DEL‘ keys and Choose the ‘Task Manager‘ from the list.
- After that go to the ‘Processes tab‘ and go to the QuickBooks and its related processes.
- Now you need to ‘End all the processes‘ one by one.
- Navigate to ‘Start‘ button and type ‘reboot.bat‘ in the search field.
- Press ‘Enter‘ button.
- You need to Run the file and wait for a while until the process gets complete.
- Close it once the the process finish.
- Reboot your computer system.
- Finally try to download the latest payroll tax table.
We assure you that all the solutions given above will resolve the QuickBooks error PS058. However, if you are still getting issues on your QuickBooks then you can connect with us on our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll support number i.e 1(800)880-6389 and our experts will help you get through the error.
More helpful articles