- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
Widely recognized accounting software, QuickBooks is prone to a range of errors and all of these errors have a specific reason behind their occurrence but QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Error PS058 is odd one out with no specific reason for its occurrence. This error is a generic code error and can occur when one tries to download the latest payroll update. A human error, a machine error or a mix of both can be the cause of this error. A faster way to resolve the error is that you can get in touch with our experts at Pro Accountant Advisor by calling our QuickBooks Support & Helpline Number 1(800)880-6389 . In the other case, you can follow the step by step guide given below to resolve the error on your own.
Solution Steps for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058
Below we have given the solution steps to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058. All the given steps are easy and convenient to perform, however you if you face any problem you can contact QuickBooks Payroll Error Support team to get instant help.
Solution 1: Download Payroll Update again
- First of all you need to download the payroll update again from the payroll server.
Solution 2: Now try to download the latest upgrade release from Intuit QuickBooks.
- Download the latest update of QuickBooks Software from the Intuit main website.
- You can check the the version of your QuickBooks software by following these steps:
Solution 3: Download the latest software update online
- First of all, download the patch file ‘qbwebpatch.exe’. This can be downloaded from http://www.quickbooks.com/support.
- Make sure that you have an active internet connection and download the patch file.
- Shift the downloaded file from computer to that computer that has QuickBooks on it
- Now, install the patch file and update the tax file from CD/Flash Drive.
Solution 4: Check of there are any errors in Company file
- Press F2 or Ctrl+1 to open the ‘Product Information’ Ensure that QuickBooks is open.
- In the Product Information window, press F3 or Ctrl+2
- Now, go to Tech Help window, and click on ‘Open File’
- If there is any file named– ‘qbwin.log’ then double click on it.
- To open a small window, press the keys Ctrl+F. Enter the word ‘Error’ in the field and hit Enter.
- Now, identify the numerical error code which can be QuickBooks Error 15270 and look for it on the website.
Solution 5: If no error found in last step or you have used RegCure, then follow the steps below:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and Open Task Manager utility
- Now, search the following programs in the list- ‘qbupdate.exe’ and ‘qbdagent2001.exe’. If you find them, close them using ‘Close Program’ tab.
- In the search window, type ‘reboot.bat’
- When you find the file, double click on it.
- This will open a DOS-type shell and will be closed automatically once it’s done.
- Now, restart your system and download the latest payroll update again.
We assure you that all the solutions given above will resolve the QuickBooks error PS058. However, if you are still getting issues on your QuickBooks then you can connect with us on our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Number .i.e 1(800)880-6389 and our experts will help you get through the error.