- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Payroll
A payroll tax table is a chart with various columns and helps to figure out the suitable taxes that are withheld from the employee’s paycheck. These withholding taxes are affected by several facts which include income sum or the marital status of the worker and the schedule by which the worker is being paid which can be either bi-weekly or monthly. But there are specific terms to it which are:
- You should have an active payroll subscription to update the tax table in QuickBooks.
- You should download your tax table every time you pay your employees. This should be at least for every 45 days.
- When you turn on the automatic feature on QuickBooks feature, then you can also get the payroll tax updates automatically.
Ways/Steps to download QuickBooks Payroll Tax Updates:
The below steps should be performed in order to complete the process. If you are in a need to hire a QuickBooks support team, then you can connect with QuickBooks Support and get their reliable services. Give us a call at 1(800) 880-6389.
- Click Employees and then get Payroll Updates.
- After that, click to choose ‘Download entire payroll update.
- Then, choose update.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
When the download of the update is finished, you will get a pop up message on your screen, “A New tax table and updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your Desktop. Click OK to read about this modification.” And then, click OK.
Steps to install a payroll tax update from a CD:
- Insert the Payroll Update CD and open the get payroll updates.
- Under QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier, select Employees and then, get payroll updates.
- You will get an Install Payroll Update window, where you can locate the update.dat or data file and respond to all the relevant prompts.
- Then, browse and select the CD drive from the Look in drop down arrow on the window.
- Either choose the date or update3.dat from the Payroll Update Disk and then, click Open.
- When the window opens, click OK.
Note: You may receive a message that ‘File Not Found’, then, check the CD drive for which the steps are as follows:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and then, click on Windows Start button. Them, choose Computer or My Computer.
- Right-click on the CD drive. You will be able to see the files, in case you are not able to see the files, then test the CD on the second desktop. If the files are visible on the second desktop, then it is obvious that there are some hardware issues with the first desktop.
But if you the files are not visible on any of the desktops, then you should order a new payroll update disk by visiting our Support Site at www.proaccountantadvisor.com
- When you find the Install Confirmation window, make sure that you verify that you are installing the correct location and all the tax table versions in the new as well as current fields are correct.
- When the entire update is finished, a message will pop-up, “A new tax table has been installed on your desktop. Click Ok to read the information about it”.
- If the tax table version you have is not modified, then a pop-up will also appear which will say, “You have successfully installed payroll update”.
Hope this article helped you to get the complete information about How to Download, Install & Verify QuickBooks Payroll Tax Tables. To contact with our U.S based QuickBooks experts, you can dial QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number by dialing +1-800-880-6389.