- Last Updated on:   March 23rd, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes, QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks is financial software that installed into your PC device and customizes all your accounts in a systematic schedule. However few QB users has reported that they are facing some issues while updating the payroll. In this post, we are going to discuss on QuickBooks Payroll ‘Failed to send usage data’ While updating QuickBooks desktop.
This error occurs due to the incorrect time zone of desktop or you have created Accountant’s copy. Here we are going to share some easy and quick methods to fix this error. Once you follow these steps you can easily fix this typical error code by your own.
Why Failed to Send Usage Data Error Occurs in QuickBooks?
This problem may occur due to the following reasons:
- When your time zone is incorrect into a computer or a laptop.
- If a user create a copy of an Accountant.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Steps to Fix Error ‘Failed to send usage data’ while Update
Follow the below methods to resolve this error. However, if you are looking for instant help then Contact our QuickBooks payroll customer service team that will help you to resolve this error. Our U.S based technical advisors are available 24/7 to provided you perfect solution for your problems.
Solution 1: Edit Your Payroll Service Key
First Method that Resolves this issue as promptly
- Go to the employees section and then select My Payroll service option. After that, select manage your Service Key.
- Now click to the edit option, then go to next step and check your dialog box on as Open Payroll Setup and hit the finish tab. This will send your service key button and make it as to activate.
- After that go back to main setting page.
- To do so this, select to go employees and then click on My payroll service option. Then click on send usage data tab. If above method fail to fix this pitfall then try second method & ready to perform it in as professionally.
Solution 2:Check the Date & Time of the file location in your System
In Windows 7:
If you are a Windows 7 user, you need follow the below points as described here:
- First of all, open your computer system and double-click on the date and time icon and change the date and time. (Note: You can see the date and time option on the bottom of the screen)
- If you are unable to change the date and time from your system, then go to Start option and click on control panel.
- Here you need to select the clock, language or region option to change the date and time. (Note: Here you can see two more option date and time settings and region and language)
- Now click on the option to change date and time settings.
- After that on the Date and Time button, click on the Change date and time button.
- Choose current date and time, and click to the OK key button.
- If you want to change the order of a time zone then you can easily click on the change time zone button as shown on the screen.
- Give a one click on the time zone as scroll down in the drop-down arrow keys by using the system keyboard.
- Then select it as the correct time zone.
- In you are in a daylight saving time zone, then click the Automatically modify clock for Daylight Saving Time tick-box.
- After this, you need to click on the OK key button and then click to the OK option as it again.
- After that, check the time and date that are correct in the system or not. If not, ask expert advice by connecting to our techies that have great skills in deploying extreme services.
In Windows 8:
If you are a Windows 8 user, you need follow the below points as described here:
- First open Control panel option.
- Then click on the Clock, language, Region heading.
- Click on the set date & time, under the heading date & time settings tab.
- In a new date or time tab, now click on to change the date & time button.
- Now correct date as well as time and Click on OK.
- Finally check that the date and time are correct or not.
Solution 3: Ensure it that if there exist an Accountant’s Copy.
If Date and time are correct, then toggle the time zone (correct, wrong, correct) by following simple steps as:
- If an Accountant’s copy exists, so remove the restrictions manually or you can wait until the Accountant’s copy is returned. But still remember that when you are removing accountant’s copy you have to ensure to verify with your Accountant.
- Now, try to send the data to Intuit.
- If the error continues to exist, then delete all the online transactions that have sent.
- Now click on Edit option from top menu bar
- Then press CTRL+F key (You can also use find option)
- After that Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Filter box, choose the following options:
- Go the drop down menu, choose the filter Detail Level and select Summary only.
- Now Go the drop down menu and select the filter Online Status also choose Online to send.
- After that Go the drop down menu and select the filter Posting Status also choose Filter.
- Finally, click on the Find button from the top right corner of the Find screen.
- After that, review the results
- If you find any non-payroll transaction, then complete their processing.
- And if you find paychecks, delete them immediately and then try to send to Intuit again. If it is done successfully, recreate the paychecks.
I hope the above information will help you properly to fix Error – QuickBooks Payroll “Failed to send usage data” While Update. However, if the problems still persists then ask technical guidance and help from accounting experts. You can dial our toll-free QuickBooks technical support contact number +1(800) 880-6389. Feel free to connect with our technicians that are available 24/7.
More Helpful Articles to Read: