- Last Updated on:   July 26th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Steps to deal with QuickBooks Point of Sale Invalid product number.
QuickBooks is accounting software which is used widely for its vast features and quick and accurate responses. In other words, QuickBooks is the most loved software among the world’s accountants for any business. When using QuickBooks Point of Sale, the most common error that is faced is Invalid product number.
While opening or using QuickBooks POS, a user faces this error: “Error code 176109: Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number”.
In this blog today, we have discussed about the the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks pos invalid product number problem. You can also take help from our QuickBooks error support team to get the instructions to resolve the problem.
What Causes the Problem?
Common Causes of this Error can be the following:
The Point of Sale Entitlement folder contains damaged files. 176109 is the error code format that is used by the Windows. Furthermore, this error also means that some authentication files are missing or have been corrupted.
What are the Reasons of QuickBooks Error 176109
Some of the reasons of 176109 error:
- Damaged files in the POS entitlement folder
- An incorrect product code has been used during the installation process of Point of Sale.
- When you are not logged into the system as admin.
How to deal with Error: QuickBooks Point Of Sale Invalid Product Number?
There are two solutions to this problem. If any of the solutions solves your problem, then you need not try the another one.
Solution 1: Delete the contents of the Point of Sale entitlement folder and try
For Windows 8:
- Right click on ‘Start‘ button and choose ‘File Explorer‘
- Click on ‘View‘ and check the hidden items checkbox.
- Go to the left window to ‘C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8′.
- Select all files and ‘Delete‘.
- Now, to register yourself, Open point of Sale again and complete the process.
Windows 7 and Vista:
- Right click on “Start” button and open “Windows Explorer“
- Click organize and select “Folder” option
- Click on “View” and select “Show hidden files“
- Go in the left window to “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8“
- Select all files and ‘Delete‘
- Open Point of Sale once again for registration and complete the process.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If any error occurs, run a repair re-installation on Point of Sale
- Verify both the license number and product number
- Open Point of Sale and register.
Solution 3: Delete the entitlement client folder & files
- Open “Windows explorer” and navigate to: “C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.“
- After that Press the “CTRL+A” keys together, on your keyboard.
- Now press the “Delete” button.
- Choose “Yes” option to confirm the action.
- After that close the QuickBooks and restart the computer.
- Once the system successfully restarted open your QuickBooks Pos application and re-register the application.
I hope these two solutions will help you to troubleshoot the problems. But if your problem is still not solved, and you need help related to this then you need to contact our QuickBooks Point of Sale Support team for help. Dial our toll free QuickBooks helpline number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389.
We are a team of highly proficient QuickBooks experts equipped with state of the art tools and technology to offer you the quick and precise solution of any QuickBooks related issue.
Related Helpful Blogs