- Last Updated on:   Jan 28th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Support
Best ways to tackle QuickBooks error code 10060 from your Point of sale software.
When we work on QuickBooks Point of Sale, then it is likely that we would face the error 100060 which means that the system is not able to create the required accounts. This error has a number of reasons behind it for its occurrence and along with this, there are various steps to resolve it as well.
In this short article we are going over concerning QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060. There are different factors behind this sort of error yet the excellent point is that we could resolve this problem simply by adhering to general actions in QuickBooks Financial software. For Further assistance, you can call our QuickBooks error support helpline .i.e. +1-800 880 6389.
What is QuickBooks POS Error 10060 and Why it Occurs?
Error 100060: QuickBooks POS Could Not Create Some Necessary Accounts
You receive the error 100060 when there are necessary accounts which cannot be created and the error occur when you try to run a Financial Exchange, the first time for a account.
There are two reasons due to which this error can occur:
- While you made your first Financial Transaction may be the account was already active in the QuickBooks Pos.
- When a user logs into QuickBooks but does not have QuickBooks administrator permissions.
Fixing QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060
To fix QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 100060 , follow the below given steps:
Condition 1: If the first reason listed above is valid, i.e. during the first transaction, the account was already active in the QuickBooks Point of Sale, then:
- Open the QuickBooks Financial software.
- Go to ‘Edit‘, select ‘Preferences‘ and then go to ‘Accounting‘.
- Go to the ‘Company Preferences‘ and clear the ‘Use account numbers’ checkbox.
- Click ‘Ok’.
- From QuickBooks Point of Sale, perform a ‘Financial Exchange‘.
- Go to ‘Edit‘, then preferences and then accounting.
- Now, click on ‘Company Preferences‘ and select ‘Use account numbers‘ checkbox to reactivate the account number feature.
- Click ‘Ok’.
Condition 2: If the second reason listed above is valid, then follow the steps below:
- In the POS Company preferences, click ‘Cancel‘.
- In QuickBooks, choose File and then Close ‘Company/LogOff‘.
- Click Open on the ‘No Company Open Screen’.
- Log into the company files as administrator and choose ‘Window‘ and then click on ‘Close All’.
- Choose File and then click on ‘Preferences‘ as Company in the Point of Sale.
- Under the ‘Financial Preferences‘ Head, choose ‘Accounts and verify‘ all the accounts that are given under the basic as well as Advanced tab has no brackets.
Condition 3: If you find that the accounts still have brackets and you are not able to find the appropriate account, then you can create a new account in QuickBooks:
- Go to QuickBooks, click on ‘Lists‘ and choose ‘Chart of Accounts’.
- Click on Account in the lower left portion of the screen and then choose ‘New’.
- This will open the account types you want to open.
- Then, choose an appropriate account type and give it a name. Fill the required details.
- Click ‘OK’ and then close the chart of accounts.
This will help you in resolving the error. After the above steps, go to POS, close and reopen the ‘Company Preferences window‘ and then choose ‘Accounts checking‘ both basic and advanced. Make sure that this time, there are no brackets at this time.
For further assistance or help, you can get in touch at our QuickBooks Point of sale support helpline .i.e. +1-800-880-6389. Our experts are available 24*7 and are extremely qualified and experienced to resolve all your queries.
Read More Helpful Articles: