- January 2, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Other, QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks Error 121 -The QuickBooks software pop-up such a warning message to the Point of Sale then it becomes all more significant for you to update the installed applications. Intuit Inc. continues to work on updating their programs to make QB software error free. If you still using an older QB version then most to be expected on higher risk of encountering QB errors such as QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 121.
QuickBooks Point of Sale application may be an influential software system that’s ample to entail by businesses to elevate the growth curve. QuickBooks is the simplest application for smooth business management with high precision in output & saving many times. As we all are familiar with the fact that software system is accountable to the technical hassles and errors, thus is QuickBooks Point of Sale. At times, the users’ software system reports the QuickBooks Point of Sale Error code 121. Here in this blog we have discussed all about this error with it’s fixation methods.
What is QuickBooks Point of Sale Update: Error Code 121?
QuickBooks Error Code 121 signifies that you have to sign in the POS to another system rather than the system admin in which you encountered this QB error. You can face the QuickBooks error with a pop-up warning error message.
Error Message: “QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied you do not have permission to select from timeouts”
Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 121
To fix the QuickBooks Error Code 121, you have to delete all the data in the Entitlement Client folder & remove the WSActivity.xml file. Before attempting the resolution steps ensure that all the Point of Sale process & services is blocked or stopped. However, you can take help from QuickBooks Point of Sale Error Support team to get instant help.
Close all the POS Process & services
- Firstly, Select the “Task Manager” tab.
- After that Choose the required Processes.
- Locate & close all the processes:
- Shut-down the Task Manager process.
- In the Windows search option, enter the “services.msc”.
- Go to the Services window; look for “QBPOS Database Manager XX” (“XX” means QuickBooks version).
- Stop all the services & turn off the services windows.
In case, the problem associated with “QuickBooks POS update: Error 121” still exists within the QuickBooks software then we propose you to follow the steps mentioned below:
Delete the Required Files:
- You have to View the hidden Windows folders.
- Windows 8.1 and 8
- Windows XP
- Vista and Windows 7
- You need to Move to the location depending on your Operating System:
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Vista and Windows 7: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows XP: C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0
- Hit onto all the files in the folder & click on the “Delete” tab.
- Move to the previous location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.0.
- Go to the INI folder, and then delete the WSActivity file.
- Open the Point of Sale again & download and install the required updates.
- Complete the final registration process.
End all the Point of Sale processes & services:
- Open the “Task Manager” tab.
- Go to the “Processes” tab.
- Find and end the following processes:
- Close the “Task Manager” tab.
- Press the “Window + R” simultaneously, and then the Search window will appear.
- Enter the “services.msc” icon.
- In the Services window, go to the QBPOS Database Manager XX.
- Stop the service & close the services window.
Hopefully, the above-prescribed troubleshooting steps are enough to endow you complete insight about the QuickBooks Error Code 121. However, if you still have some query or technical problem with the QuickBooks – you can take help from the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors at toll-free support number .i.e. +1(800)880-6389. Our technical support team is always ready there to help you out in every possible manner.