- Last Updated on:   May 1st, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks has made the business processions easy and smooth which implies that there are no hassle that businesses are facing during calculations and have no problem while paying invoices. QuickBooks ensures that the user does not have any doubt about the calculation, and accuracy of data.
But as similar to every other thing, QuickBooks is also prone to some errors, and an expert troubleshooting is required for the same. A technical issue that keeps restricting users from using QuickBooks seamlessly is that QuickBooks stopped working after Windows 10 update.
Causes of QuickBooks Stopped Working error after Windows 10 Update
The possible causes for this can be any of the following:
- Latest Windows 10 Update
- Incompatibility of the program
- Company operations screen loop issues. This happens because Windows 10 latest update stops the Intuit Entitlement Service from functioning
How to Fix QuickBooks stopped working error after Windows 10 Update?
Following are some steps that you can implement manually to fix ‘QuickBooks Stopped Working after Windows 10 Update’:
- Find the folder- QBWUSER.ini
- Location: \Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [XXXX]
- Right click on QBWUSER.ini and click on Rename option
- While putting company file name, add .old to its End
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Tap a file if QuickBooks opens after renaming either EntitlementDataStore.ecml or QBWUSER.ini
- Right click the shortcut to the program
- Click on Properties tab
- Click on Compatibility tab
- Now select Windows 7\8\8.1
- Click on Apply and then click OK
- Launch the program now.
- Now, close the QBPOS program and Press Windows + R keys
- Run the dialog box opens.
- Type msc and press Enter key
- Click on Intuit Entitlement Service v8
- Right click on the version
- Select Properties
- Move to Startup type drop-down list
- Click on Automatic button.
- Click Start if the service has not started yet
- Select OK and close properties window
- Close Service window
- Reopen POS program.
- Go to Start menu and search for sharing option
- Click- Manage advanced sharing settings
- Verify All Networks option
- There is a downward arrow towards its right. Click on that
- Now, choose the Turn-off password protected sharing toggle button
- Save the changes
- Now, establish a connection with company file
- If the file does not open, check the firewall port settings / ensure that file sharing configuration is done/ verification of configuration of QuickBooks hosting database server is done.
If all the above four solutions fail to do the needful, use an inbuilt tool to resolve this issue. So, we would suggest you to use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Here are the steps:
- Download QBInstall Tool. Follow Instructions given on the screen.
- Save File on Desktop
- Close all programs that are open in background
- Run the program now
- It will take around 20-25 minutes
- Once it’s done, restart the system and verify all the updates.
This would surely resolve the error but in case, it still bothers you, you can anytime connect with us at our QuickBooks enterprise support number 1(800)880-6389. Our experts will do all the help to resolve the error.
You may also like: