- Last Updated on:   Apr 11th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error Codes
Are you troubling with printing, emailing or saving as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop? If yes, then this blog will help you to resolve the problem. QB users do face technical issues at times. A common error faced is the QuickBooks unable to create PDF. This error can be easily resolved and in this article we will discuss how to handle it.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
Are you also facing the same issue of unable to create a PDF in QuickBooks while trying to send an email invoice to a client? When this error occurs, an error message displays “Your forms were not sent because QB could not create the necessary PDF file”. At this situation you should not fret about it because in this article you will get step-by-step solution for this error.
Read Also: How to resolve QuickBooks error code 2277
Why QuickBooks Unable to Create a PDF?
Many a time when users are trying to email an invoice to a customer, they get the error of ‘QuickBooks unable to create PDF’. This error can be frustrating but can be fixed. This error of QuickBooks occurs when you try to email, create or print a report. In most cases QuickBooks abruptly closes or the error message is displayed.
Below are the few reasons why this error occurs:
- Error: QuickBooks is not able to finish the present task because of a lost part: Lost PDF file component.
- QuickBooks does not save the form as a PDF
- It is a non-functional part driver.
- There is no direct print from the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- The device is not yet ready to print to the printer.
- QuickBooks Desktop hangs when accounts are connected together
- Connectivity issues with the printer which is unable to save reports as PDF.
- QuickBooks unrecoverable error : 14982, 15064, 06798, 50172 or 14983, 96787
- QuickBooks desktop doesn’t respond and the PDF converter also shows offline.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Unable to Create PDF issue
You can yourself try to fix this issue by simply following the below mentioned steps before you contact any QuickBooks expert.
- The first thing you should do is delete all the cookies and temporary internet files in the browser.
- If you use Internet Explorer then add Intuit in it as a trusted site
- All Internet Explorer users should update the encrypted page setting.
- If you are using Firefox and the integrated PDF handler then switch to the Adobe PDF handler.
- After this try to print an image and also use some other browser.
- After this you have to disable the pop-up blocker.
- Ensure that you set Adobe Acrobat or Reader as the default app for opening PDF file in a Mac.
Users can also save their files after clicking on the Print Button. Do ensure that Adobe Reader or the Acrobat can easily open PDF files by default. It is suggested that you avoid using the Internet Explorer Acrobat plug-in.
The above steps can easily fix the QuickBooks error. And in case it doesn’t then you can take help from technical support & help department by dialing toll-free 1-800-880-6389. Our QuickBooks Error Support Channels are available 24/7 and experienced technical team will be there to understand and also provide a quick solution to your problem.
The best part is that besides fixing the error they will also provide tips and tricks to avoid QB errors later.
More Helpful Articles