- Last Updated on:   March 29th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop 2018
As we all know that Intuit QuickBooks is a leading accounting and bookkeeping software that features important tools of state of the financial accounting technology. This software is incredibly user-friendly as you can experience being a business owners that average knowledge is enough to handle and manage this software to achieve organisational goals. But you have to make sure that QuickBooks installation, updates, and upgrades have been made appropriately on a regular interval of time.
In case, you have one or more than one copies of QuickBooks Desktop application then it is necessary that being a QB user, you activate or register each copy manually. We believe that this article would be helpful to you…! We have endowed few simple and easy steps to register or activate the QuickBooks desktop application once you installed it.
Important: Make sure that the Internet Explorer 11 with TLS 1.2 has been enabled in the Windows & Mac Operating Systems. You can notice that after May 31, 2018, to access the Intuit services all the connections in the QuickBooks must have these minimum system requirements.
Important Points to Remember
Things you need to be taken care of:
- Always confirm that the QuickBooks is ACTIVATED or NOT by pressing key “F2” OR “CTRL+1”.
- In case you see that QuickBooks is ACTIVATED then you are set. If not then jump to the activation.
- If you get the error “The validation code is wrong” then confirm that:
How to Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Desktop for 2016 and Later Versions
QuickBooks Desktop For Windows Computers:
- First of all, Open the QuickBooks and press the “F2” key on the keyboard.
- After the ‘Product Information’ window will open where the user have to check for the registration status at the right-hand side of the ‘License number’.
- You are good to go if QuickBooks reads ACTIVATED.
- In case, the QuickBooks is NOT ACTIVATED then follow the given steps below:
- Select the “Ok” tab and it will close the ‘Product Information’ window.
- Now, go to the “Help” menu and click on the “Activate QuickBooks” option (select Register QuickBooks for 2016).
- Continue to follow the on-screen prompts and verify your details, and finish the activation process.
QuickBooks Desktop For Mac Computers:
- Open the QuickBooks and go to the “menu” tab.
- Select the “Register QuickBooks” option.
- Type-in the “License Number” and “Product Number” in the information dialogue box, and then select the “Next” tab.
- Choose the “Register Online” option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the registration (in case the register option doesn’t appear, it means the software is already registered).
For QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and Earlier Versions
- Intuit has discontinued the older versions before to the 2016 version. However, discontinued products can’t be registered for the first time.
- The re-registering of discontinued items is possible if they were registered previously and their re-installation is going through. If you need a validation code, you can also contact us to receive it (Note: Charges applicable).
Note: The discontinued products are no longer provided any support.
Issues that occur with registering or activating QuickBooks Desktop
- In case of the entered information is not being accepted, then you should check and ensure that the information entered is same you provided at the time of purchase.
- If you face blank screen or error message or any other technical issue, you can try disabling (temporarily) your antivirus.
I hope you found this article helpful to activate your QuickBooks desktop. However, if you face any difficulties while installing and registering this software then you can consult with our Intuit certified ProAdvisors team that can help you in your troubles.
Still have any queries? Don’t worry our QuickBooks support team is available 24*7 and can be reached at +1 800 880 6389. The professionals are highly experienced and capable to resolve all accounting issues in no time.