Quick Steps to Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop
As we all know that Intuit QuickBooks is a leading accounting and bookkeeping software, features state of the art tools and technology. It’s incredibly user-friendly, and business owners with the average knowledge to handle and manage this software can achieve their goals. But QuickBooks users should make it sure that the installation of the software is performed appropriately and the upgrades and updates are made on time.
While installing QuickBooks Desktop, it’s necessary for users to register or activate the accounting software. In case you happen to own more than one copies of QuickBooks Desktop, you will have to register or activate each copy. In this helpful article we have provided few simple steps to register or activate the QuickBooks Desktop.
Important: Make sure that you have Internet Explorer eleven with TLS 1.2 enabled in your Windows and Mac Operating System since all connections post May 31, 2018, are used by QuickBooks Desktop in order to access Intuit-QuickBooks services.
How to Register or Activate QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Desktop for 2016 and Later Versions
QuickBooks Desktop For Windows Computers:
- First of all, Open QuickBooks and press F2 on your keyboard.
- After the Product Information window opens, check for the registration status at the right-hand side of the License number.
- You are good to go if QuickBooks reads ACTIVATED.
- In case of your QuickBooks is NOT ACTIVATED then follow the given steps below:
- Select Ok and it will close the Product Information window.
- Now, go to the Help menu and click on Activate QuickBooks (select Register QuickBooks for 2016).
- Continue to follow the on-screen prompts and verify your details, and finish the activation process.
QuickBooks Desktop For Mac Computers:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the menu.
- Select Register QuickBooks.
- Provide the License Number and Product Number, and select Next.
- Choose Register Online.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the registration (in case the register option doesn’t appear, it means the software is already registered).
For QuickBooks Desktop versions older than 2016
- As per Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks Accounting Software, Plan that has been discontinued for older products, discontinued products can’t be registered for the first go.
- The re-registering of discontinued items is possible if they were registered before and their re-installation is going through.
- You can also contact us to receive the validation code. However, we want you to know that discontinued products are no longer provided any support.
Issues That occur with registering or activating QuickBooks Desktop
- You should check and make sure that the information entered is same you provided at the time of purchase, In case the entered information is not being accepted,
- If you face blank screen or error message or any other technical issue, you can try disabling (temporarily) your antivirus.
- If you are not able to register on your own, feel free to contact us to register. Our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors team will help you to register and activate the QB software.
Have any queries? Don’t worry we are available 24*7 and can be reached at +1 800 880 6389. Our QuickBooks Support team is highly capable to resolve all QuickBooks issues in no time.