How to Reset Password for QuickBooks Admin and other Users?
- Last Updated on: 23-May, 2018 |
- Posted by: QB
Easy ways to Reset Password For QuickBooks Administrator
When you logged in QuickBooks accounting software. QuickBooks Desktop automatically creates the Admin user, you may be using another log in references added by the Admin. Security updates and other surprising assets may lead you to reset your password.
QuickBooks is a versatile software that doesn’t only help you in managing your company data and tracking your company’s performance but also keeping your crucial company data safe. The multitasking software itself creates the Admin user for you when you login to the software for the first time and furthermore enables you and other users to create more usernames and passwords. To keep your details safe, QuickBooks Desktop asks you for the password every time you or any other user tries to access company file. Now, at times security updates and other features may require you to reset your password. This article contains information about rebuilding the QuickBooks Admin password and other passwords you may have related to using QuickBooks Desktop.
If you or any other user have encountered similar issue, and requires to recover or rebuild QuickBooks Admin password or any other password to login to QuickBooks Desktop, here are some tips to follow.
Tips to remember while setting up a password
- The password should not have any space. If you have used space, then retype the password without spaces.
- Always choose a complex password. Your password should consist of minimum seven characters and should include at least one uppercase letter, numbers, and special character.
- Make sure your keyboard is functioning properly.
- You should be on the right screen. A login screen that demands a password but not a username is the admin’s login screen. If you aren’t admin and you have a non-admin login then close QuickBooks Desktop and reopen it.
- The admin password may also be blank. Many users leave admin password to their data file empty or blank. (This practice is, however, not recommended by Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks.)
- In case of no password, press “OK” in the login screen without putting any password.
Change QuickBooks Password
- Go to company file, choose the company and then Set Up Users and Password.
- Enter your current password
- Write your new password in confirm new password box and click OK.
- In case you forgot or lost your password, you can try the below-mentioned tips to reset your password.
Use Challenge Question to Reset Password
- Choose “I forgot my password” on the login screen.
- Reply to the security question and click Ok.
- Press Close when the following message pops up on your screen. “When you removed the password and challenge answer and question, and your company file is no longer password-protected. When you nearby this window, then you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question.”
- Open the window and change QuickBooks password.
- Enter a new password and select a new challenge question.
- Press OK.
- Your File will open.
Reset Admin password with a reset code (For Admin only)
- Reset your Admin Password using the Automatic Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop. (Note: Always use the first and last name of the person who originally bought/activated QuickBooks Desktop.)
Important: Please make secure you enter the First and Last Name of the person who originally purchased/activated the product.
Changing other user’s password
- First, Login as an Administrator into the company file.
- Open Company menu and click on the name of the user whose password you want to change.
- Choose Edit User.
- Enter the new password and re-enter the same to confirm the password.
- Click Next twice and then Finish.
The above-mentioned steps should help you get your password. However, If you are facing any trouble regarding reset your password you can call our round the clock QuickBooks Support team. Our experts bring with them years of experience as well as innovative tools and technology and can help you fix this or any other QuickBooks related issue in the least possible time. Dial 800-880-6389.
Related Article you may like: