- November 11, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
Steps to Resolve Email Issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Efficient and widely used accounting software, QuickBooks is popular among small and medium sized business. It has been designed with top technology and user-friendly qualities. The software enhances business growth and eases the financial work. QuickBooks also ensures quick and smooth transaction of emails to all the concerned. But sometimes, it faces issues while sending mails.
Error: QuickBooks is not able to process email to Outlook
The following can be the reasons for the same:
- Email settings are not correct
- dll file has been damaged
- QuickBooks runs as administrator
- Incorrect or damaged QuickBooks installation
- Damaged or incorrect Outlook installation
- While sending email through QuickBooks, Outlook opens in the background
How to Resolve Email Issues in QuickBooks Desktop
Below listed are some solutions that you can try to resolve this problem. If the problem persists after following these steps, then you can contact our QuickBooks Error Support & advisors at 1(800)880-6389.
Solution 1: Make sure that the QuickBooks is not running as administrator
- Right click on the icon of QuickBooks. Select Properties
- Now choose the Compatibility tab
- If Run this program as Administrator is selected, then unselect it. (If you find that the color of Run this program as Administrator is grey then first choose the ‘Show Settings for All Users’
- Click Okay
- Now, restart QuickBooks which will resolve this issue.
Solution 2: Make sure that Email Preference has been correctly set in QuickBooks
If you use Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft Exchange Server, then Open Outlook and sign in before you start checking the preferences set in QuickBooks.
- Select Edit-> Preferences -> Send Forms
- Now click on My Preferences tab and set ‘Send E-mail using’ and the option you want to use. Then, click OK.
- If you find the preference to be set correctly, then follow the following steps:
- Choose Edit -> Preferences -> Send Forms
- Choose the tab of ‘My Preferences; select QuickBooks E-mail and Click OK.
- Click on Edit -> Preferences
- Select Outlook and Click OK.
- Now, close QuickBooks and other programs.
- Restart Windows and then, restart QuickBooks
- Now email the report.
Solution 3: Ensure that email preference is set correctly in Internet Explorer
- First of all, close QuickBooks and Open Internet Explorer
- Select Tools > Internet Options
- Now, click on Programs tab
- Check whether correct email program has been set as the default email program, i.e. when you send email through Outlook, then Outlook should be select and vice versa for Outlook Express.
- Now, close the Internet Explorer
- Open QuickBooks and email the report
Solution 4: Test and repair MAPI32.dll
The steps to test and repair are technical and should be performed by an IT professional. If you need IT support to resolve this issue, you can contact us too for help (Charges May Apply).
✔ Use Microsoft Word to test the functionality of MAPI32.dll
- Restart the computer and reopen Windows
- Open a document in Microsoft Word
- Select File > send > Email as PDF document
- If no error occurs, contact our QuickBooks Technical Support for assistance
- If an error occurs, then contact Microsoft Help and Support to resolve issues with Outlook or Office Suite and the MAPI settings
- Once the issue is resolved, email the report.
✔ Repair MAPI32.dll
- Close all Windows and click on Windows Start
- Go to Computers and Go to C:\Windows\System32
- Double-click on Fixmapi.exe and follow all the instructions on the screen
- After Fixmapi.exe stops running, you can restart your computer.
✔ Rename MAPI32.dll
This should only be done if repairing MAPI32.dll does not resolve the problem.
- Close all programs.
- Use file explorer and ago to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033
- Rename MAPI32.dll to MAPI32.dll.OLD
- Restart your computer and run Fixmapi.exe again
- When Fixmapi.exe stops, restart the computer
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks
Solution 6: Repair Outlook
We hope that above given steps are helpful for you to resolve email issues in QuickBooks. In the meanwhile, if you need any further information, you can contact us at our QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1(800)880-6389. Help is available round the clock.