- Last Updated on:   Jan 28th, 2020
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks error code 31600 is one of the common problem that users face. When this error happens QuickBooks stops working, affecting the business operations of organization. And that’s why you need to fix the issue as soon as possible.
When this error occurs you might not able to use your QuickBooks properly or QuickBooks stopped working. We recommend you to resolve this error as soon as possible because this error might be the cause of data loss problem from your QuickBooks.
In this blog post, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks Error 31600 and it’s causes.
Possible Causes Behind QB Error 31600
QuickBooks error 31600 happens in various situations and they are listed below. Often understanding the reason or situation can help in finding a solution to this error.
- When creating a portable company file.
- Taking a backup
- When you are sending payroll through Direct Deposit.
- The error also occurs when you are trying to create a company file.
- Using the Open Company’s facility open
- Verifying or rebuilding properties
- When you are saving a transaction.
- Opening a new window in QuickBooks
- When you are downloading the payroll updates.
- A company closing a file.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 31600?
QuickBooks error code 31600 is an issue that most users face but it can be easily fixed too. Sometimes it happens that some of the QuickBooks users are not able to fix the error by following these technical steps. In that case, you need to contact our expert’s team for technical guidance.
You can contact our experts at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-800-880-6389. Below mentioned are some of the solutions to QuickBooks error 31600.
Solution 1: Press your QuickBooks Desktop
Press desktop when you are starting QuickBooks.
- Press and hold the ‘Control Key’.
- Then double click on the ‘QuickBooks icon‘.
- When you have company open window, hold down the ‘control key‘
Click on desktop when opening the company file
- First thing to do is click and select the ‘Desired company file‘ and not make any company open window.
- Now hold the ‘Alt key‘ on your keyboard.
- After this click ‘Open‘.
- Now if you are asked to login in then release the key and enter your ‘login details‘.
- You shouldn’t ‘Alt key‘ until and unless the file is completely open and now hold down the ‘Alt key‘ and click on ‘OK‘.
- Once you do this you will get a blank screen on QuickBooks.
- If you can highlight a ‘QuickBooks menu‘ though your pointer, your QuickBooks file will open.
Solution 2: Identify how many users are affected
- From the company menu select ‘Set up users‘ and ‘Password‘.
- Now click on ‘Set Up Users‘.
- For Enterprise users click on ‘Company‘ and then choose ‘Users‘.
- After this click on ‘Set Up Users and Roles‘.
- Once done, click on ‘Add Users‘ and provide the ‘Username and Password‘.
- Now click on ‘Next‘ option.
- As required customize the ‘User‘
- Now click ‘Finish‘.
- Once down, with the new ‘Login details‘ login to the company file.
Solution 3: Create a Windows Administrator
For Windows 10:
- Firstly click on ‘Start‘ button.
- Now click on ‘Settings‘
- After this select ‘Accounts‘ tab.
- Click on ‘Family and Other users‘
- Under other users you have to select ‘Add‘ someone else in the PC.
- Once done you have to choose ‘I do not have sign in information for this person‘.
- Now click on ‘Add a user without Microsoft account‘.
- After this enter the name of the ‘New Account‘.
- Click on ‘Finish‘.
- Now select the newly made account.
- Click on ‘Account Type‘
- Click on ‘Administrator‘ and click on ‘OK‘.
For Windows 8.1
- To open the Run Window, Press ‘Windows + R‘ keys on your keyboard.
- Now select the ‘Control Panel‘ and click on ‘OK‘ button.
- Click on ‘User Account‘ and select ‘Manager another account‘.
- Now select ‘Other accounts‘ and click on ‘Add an account‘.
- You need to click on ‘Sign in without a Microsoft Account‘.
- Choose the ‘Local account‘ and enter the ‘Username, Password and Password prompt‘
- Click on ‘Next‘ tab.
- After this the screen will return to manage other accounts screen.
- Choose the ‘Account‘ which is newly made and click on ‘Edit‘
- Click on drop down option and choose ‘Admin‘
- Finally Click ‘OK‘ button.
For Windows 8, 7 and Vista
- Open ‘Run‘ dialogue box Window by Pressing ‘Windows +R keys‘ on your keyboard.
- Now click on ‘Control Panel‘ and click on ‘OK‘ button.
- Now click on ‘User Accounts‘
- After this choose the ‘Manage another account‘.
- Now hit on ‘Create a New Account‘
- Now type the name of the ‘New account‘ to be created
- After this select the ‘Administrator‘
- Click on ‘Create Account‘.
Solution 4: Make a New Windows Server
- First thing to do is open the ‘Server Manager‘.
- Now click on ‘Tools‘
- After this select on ‘Computer Management‘
- Increase ‘Local Users and groups‘
- Now select the ‘Groups‘
- Double-click the ‘Administrator group‘ to open the Administrator properties windows.
- Now Hit on ‘Add‘ option.
- In the Select User section choose ‘Computers, Group Windows and Service Accounts.’
- Now type the name of the accounts that you want to add in the local admin groups.
- Finally Click on ‘OK‘.
How to Solve Unexpected internal error (31600)?
QuickBooks Unexpected Internet Error(31600): This error code generally occurs in QuickBooks online. Perform the below given troubleshooting methods to resolve the unexpected error.
- Ensure that you are using either Google Chrome & Firefox for QuickBooks online.
- Clear all of your browser’s history and cache, then close your browser fully then login again into the QuickBooks online again.
Through these simple solutions you will be able to resolve error code 31600 in QuickBooks. However, if the problem persists then reach out to the QuickBooks Technical help number 1-800-880-6389. We are available 24 hour of customer service active line to help you.
Checkout these articles too