QuickBooks error code 31600 is one of the common problem that users face. When this error happens QuickBooks stops working, affecting the business operations of organization. And that’s why you need to fix the issue as soon as possible.
What are the Possible Causes of this Error 31600
QuickBooks error 31600 happens in various situations and they are listed below. Often understanding the reason or situation can help in finding a solution to this error.
- When creating a portable file.
- Taking a backup
- When you are sending payroll through Direct Deposit.
- The error also occurs when you are trying to create a company file.
- Using the Open Company’s facility open
- Verifying or rebuilding properties
- When you are saving a transaction.
- Opening a new window in QuickBooks
- When you are downloading the payroll updates.
- A company closing a file.
How to fix QuickBooks Error code 31600
QuickBooks error 31600 is an issue that most users face but it can be easily fixed too. Sometimes it happens that some of the QuickBooks users are not able to fix the error by following these technical steps. In that case, you need to contact our expert’s team for technical guidance. You can contact our experts at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Number +1-800-880-6389. Below mentioned are some of the solutions to QuickBooks error 31600.
✔ Solution 1: Press your QuickBooks Desktop
Press desktop when you are starting QuickBooks.
- Press and hold the Control Key.
- Then double click on the QuickBooks icon.
- When you have company open window, hold down the control key
Click on desktop when opening the company file
- First thing to do is click and select the desired company file and not make any company open window.
- Now hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- After this click open.
- Now if you are asked to login in then release the key and enter your login details.
- You shouldn’t Alt key until and unless the file is completely open and now hold down the Alt key and click on OK.
- Once you do this you will get a blank screen on QuickBooks.
- If you can highlight a QuickBooks menu though your pointer, your QuickBooks file will open.
✔ Solution 2: Identify how many users are affected.
- From the company menu select set up users and passwords.
- Now click on Set Up Users.
- For Enterprise users click on Company and then choose Users.
- After this click on Set Up Users and Roles
- Once done, click on Add Users and provide the username and password.
- Now click on Next
- As required customize the user
- Now click Finish.
- Once down, with the new login details log in to the company file.
✔ Solution 3: Create a Windows Administrator
For Windows 10:
- The first thing to do is click on Start
- Now click on Settings
- After this select Accounts
- Click on Family and Other users
- Under other users you have to select add someone else in the PC.
- Once done you have to choose I do not have sign in information for this person.
- Now click on Add a user without Microsoft account.
- After this enter the name of the new account.
- Click on Finish.
- Now select the newly made account.
- Click on Account Type
- Click on Administrator and click on OK.
For Windows 8.1
- To open the Run Window, press on Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Now select the Control Panel and click on OK.
- Click on User Account and select Manager another account.
- Now select Other accounts and click on add an account.
- You need to click on Sign in without a Microsoft Account.
- Choose the local account and enter the username, password and password prompt
- Click on Next
- After this the screen will return to manage other accounts screen
- Choose the account which is newly made and click on edit
- Click on drop down option and choose admin
- Click Ok
For Windows 8,7 and Vista
- To open run Window, press on Windows +R
- Now click on Control Panel and click on Ok.
- Now click on User Accounts
- After this choose the Manage another account.
- Now hit on Create a New Account
- Now type the name of the new account to be created
- After this select the administrator
- Click on Create Account
✔ Solution 4: Make a new Windows server
- First thing to do is open the Server Manager.
- Now click on Tools
- After this select on Computer Management
- Increase Local Users and groups
- Now select the Groups
- Double-click the Administrator group to open the Administrator properties windows.
- Now Hit on Add
- In the Select User section choose computers, Group Windows and Service Accounts.
- Now type the name of the accounts that you want to add in the local admin groups.
- Finally Click on Ok.
Through these simple solutions you will be able to resolve error code 31600 in QuickBooks. However, if the problem persists then reach out to the QuickBooks Technical Help Number 800-880-6389. We are available 24 hour of customer service active line to help you.