- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop 2019, QuickBooks for Mac
When a user uses QuickBooks software- widely used accounting software, it is necessary for the user to know about the release and version of the software he/she is using. This helps in troubleshooting the QuickBooks errors so that you can update your QuickBooks version as and when needed. This article will help you check the version and release of your QuickBooks software:
Find the version and release of your QuickBooks software
You can follow the instructions given below in order to find the version and release of the QuickBooks software you are using and how you can update it:
QuickBooks Desktop (Pro, Premier or Enterprise)
- First of all, press the F2 key. Check the product line on the product information window when you want to know the version and release of the software.
- To update your QuickBooks Desktop for windows, then you can see ‘Update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release’
Steps to Know the Latest Version of QuickBooks File You are Using
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop, press F2 or Ctrl + 1
- Go to product information window and see the file section in order to find the versions you have used.
- You can also find the list of recently used versions:
|V28||QuickBooks Desktop 2018|
|V27||QuickBooks Desktop 2017|
|V26||QuickBooks Desktop 2016|
|V25||QuickBooks Desktop 2015|
QuickBooks for Mac 2019 (Applies to the US only)
We all know that due to some reason Intuit Inc. stopped launching the new updates of QuickBooks for Mac. The last updated QuickBooks for Mac version was QuickBooks Mac 2016. You must be wondering why..!! Why Intuit Inc. stopped the updates of QuickBooks for Mac 2016?? Well, the only reason behind this was – QuickBooks Mac 2016 wasn’t much compatible to run over all kind of operating system.
Many QuickBooks for Mac 2016 version users were facing issues in operating it over their system. Therefore, Intuit Inc. especially about to launch the newly released QuickBooks for Mac 2019 updated version. The QuickBooks Mac 2016 users can update the QuickBooks to the latest released QuickBooks Mac 2019 version in spite of purchasing the whole new QuickBooks Mac 2019 software. To make this QuickBooks for Mac 2019 version compatible with the users, Intuit Inc. provided the minimum system requirement guideline for the US citizens.
QuickBooks for Mac 2019 (for the US only)
System requirements QuickBooks for Mac 2019 are following
Minimum System Requirements
- At least Mac operating system 10.12 (Sierra); supported by Mac operating system 10.13 (High Sierra), Mac operating system 10.14 (Mojave)
- Core 2 Duo or higher Intel processor
- Multi-user server
- At least 2 GB RAM; 4 GB RAM recommended
- At least 250 MB free or available disk space
- For the QB downloaded installation, a CD/DVD drive with a proper internet connection is mandatory.
- Printer: In case, you are planning to print graphs, reports, purchase order, deposit slips invoices, mailing labels, lists, or checks. Make sure that the printer is 100% compatible with the Macintosh
- Checks: In case, you want to print the checks – Use the Intuit Checks. It does not support the Canadian image ready checks.
- It also requires the product registration.
- Export Report Data: The Export Report Data requires the Apple Number v3.5; Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Email: The Email requires the Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac office 365, almost all support to Email.
- Accepts Credit & Debit Cards: it requires the Intuit Merchant Services for QuickBooks Mac.
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac: QuickBooks Mac integrated with the payroll processing requires a paid subscription, EIN, & Internet access. The QuickBooks 2019 for Mac works swiftly with the QuickBooks Payroll for Mac.
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires Internet connection & Adobe Reader to print the checks and forms.
- System requirements for the QuickBooks Payroll for Mac & Matrix
- Top pay may differ from those of QB. even more, details visit the website at www.macpayroll.com
- QBD for Mac 2019 helps a one-way conversion in QuickBooks online because one-way conversion is secure.
- It also helps one-way conversion from QBD for windows 2016-2018.
- Helps Round-Tripping with QB for Windows 2019 because round-tripping is a better option to send the data file to the Accountant.
System Requirements for QuickBooks for Mac Older Versions
Read the QuickBooks system requirement for mac earlier versions:
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier- MacOS 10.10.2 (Yosemite), MacOS 10.11 (EI Caption).
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R6 and later- MacOS 10.11(EL Caption), and MacOS 10.12(Sierra).
- Mac processor should be Intel Core 2 Duo or higher.
- For Multi-user server, your Mac processor should be Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- Mac Ram should be 2GB RAM(4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250MB of disk space should be available on Mac.
- For Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you plan to print invoices, checks, deposit slips, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports or graphs.
- For Checks: use intuit checks if you intended to print checks. Canadian Image prepared cheques are not supported.
- Product registration required.
QuickBooks Software has Numerous Integration/Compatibility Needs Like
- QuickBooks Payroll for Mac requires for Internet connectivity and also Adobe Reader to print checks and also kinds, additional costs use.
- Top Pay could vary from those of QB. QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports one-side conversion from QuickBooks for Windows OS 2012, 2013, 2014 as well as 2016.
- Export report details requirements for Apple Numbers ’09, Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac
- E-mail requirements for Apple Mail, Microsoft Entourage 2008 or Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Approving credit and debit cards directly into QB2016 for Mac requires for Intuit Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac, subject to application, recommendation and debit card transactions are processed as Signature Debit, which does not need getting in a PIN code.
- Handling payroll, integrated with QuickBooks for Mac, requires the paid subscription (marketed independently), EIN and Internet access to. QB 2016 for Mac collaborates with Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac.
We hope that this article provided you the right information. It might be possible that you encounter any problem related to QuickBooks for Mac 2019 or require any information related to it. In such case, we recommend you contact the QuickBooks Support for Mac. For an urgent QuickBooks for Mac 2019 information, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Support & Help team on their toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1(800)880-6389.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2019: Advanced & Enhanced Functionality
- What’s New and Improved Features QuickBooks Desktop Edition 2019
QuickBooks for Mac (US only)
- To check the version and release on QuickBooks Desktop, go to Help menu and then to Product Information
- To update QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, click on ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release’
QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- If you want to check the version and release:
- On QuickBooks Desktop, go to Reports > QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW)
- As soon as the program opens, choose Help > About QuickBooks Statement Writer. You can find the information about the version in the About window.
- Updating QuickBooks Statement Writer:
- Open QuickBooks Statement Writer
- Select Help Center > Update
QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced Payroll (For US Only)
- Check the payroll version:
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop, go to Employees and then to Payroll Center.
- Select the Payroll tab and to see the Subscription Status window
- If you want to download the latest payroll update, then see Download the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks Point of Sale (US Only)
- You can go the Help menu and then, ‘About Point of Sale’ to check the POS version and release. You can find the edition and version in the product line at the top.
- If you want to update QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can check ‘Update QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop to the latest release’.
QuickBooks Merchant Services or QuickBooks Payments (US Only)
Till time, there is no version available for Merchant Services or Payments and QuickBooks is the only software used as an entry point to the Merchant Services (IMS) Server.
We hope that the above given article helped you to understand the procedure to address your query. In the meanwhile, If you need any type of further information on this topic then you can take help from our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors. In order to get instant help & support for you QuickBooks issues you can contact our QuickBooks Support team. We are available with 24 hour of customer service. Dial 1(800)880-6389 and speak with one of our QuickBooks Expert.