- Last Updated on:   Aug 6th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Desktop 2019, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
In order to run the hardware or software of a system smoothly and seamlessly, it is necessary and a basic need of a system to have all the system requirements. The same is with QuickBooks and you should check for the system requirements before purchasing the QuickBooks version. However, These system requirements provide the relevant information that ensures that the operating system, hardware and software meet all the requirements of the versions of QuickBooks Desktop that you are using.
Intuit QuickBooks has been helping over 29 million businesses in the United States and thus, it is necessary for them to use with right configuration.
QuickBooks Enterprise Solution 2019 is Now On Sale! You can contact us at 1(800)880-6389 and purchase QuickBooks software in discounted price (40% off).
System Requirements For QuickBooks For All Versions and Editions
- Microsoft Windows 8.1: Natively installed all Editions of Windows 8.1 including 64-bit (It means that it has been installed in a particular system)
- MS Windows 10: Installed in a particular system or environment that has all the editions including 64-bit
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011 SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP 1: It also has natively installed all editions including 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- MS Windows Server 2016
- For Windows- Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), Windows Server 2016, Windows 8.1 (update 1), natively installed.
- Linux- When you use QBES Database Server and that too only for installation, then it should be: OpenSuse 42.2, Fodera 25, Red Hat 7 (Update 3)
- Browser Requirement: Internet Explorer 11 (32 bit)
- Sometimes, to make sure that QuickBooks gives good performance, it is important to adjust setting in these products.
- The systems in which Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID) will be running, QuickBooks will work with those systems. But on a serious note, this is not recommended as this can lead to rise of performance issues and QuickBooks may operate slowly which will affect productivity.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements
- Processor: 2.4 GHz minimum
- RAM: RAM of 4GB (minimum) and 8 GB is recommended
- RAM Requirements of the server
- 1-5 users: 8 GB RAM
- 10 Users: 12 GB RAM
- 15 users: 16 GB RAM
- 20 users: 20+ GB RAM
- 5 GB space (additional space for data files)
- Additional software, i.e. 60 MB for Microsoft .Net 4.6 Runtime, will be provided on QuickBooks CD
- Other requirements for Intuit Data Protect (it applies to US users only)
- Minimum 4 GB RAM required
- Either twice the size of the largest file is set to backup along 100 MB space or twice the size is required to restore. Also this space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData + “Intuit/Intuit Data Protect”.
- Note: One thing can surely speed up the performance and that is storing a large .QBW data file on an SSD
- If you are using US QuickBooks Software, then US version of Windows required.
- In case you are using Canadian QuickBooks Software, then Canadian version of Windows.
- Either the language has been set to English or Canada along with keyboard settings to US/CA, then the regional settings are supported very well.
- If the user is hosting multi-user access, then administrator rights are required for the server computer.
- The meaning of natively installed is that it has been already installed on a particular system and does not need to run in a virtual environment.
In order to do the CD installations, 4X DVD-ROM drive is required.
- The display of the system screen is either optimized to 1280 * 1024 resolution or is higher with up to two extended monitors. Furthermore, This will help the user work comfortably on the system.
- It is also best used on a system when the setting has been on ‘Default DPI’.
There are no doubts in the fact that QuickBooks has the capability to integrate with the hundreds of third-party applications. Additional RAM is provided to the software in order to increase the use the features.
- Office 2016 both on 32 and 64-bit
- Office 2010 and Office 2013 and 365 both on 32 and 64-bit (It is important to note that Office 365 is only available when it is being installed locally)
- When a user has to export reports, in that case also, he needs to have Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013 or 2010 or Office 365.
- Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365 is also required when it comes to preparing letters.
- Invoices, Email estimates and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-16, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com, and SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit)
- When a user synchronizes with Outlook, it requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook.
Note: Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Also, a duplicate record can occur if sync is performed.
- Applies to US only- QuickBooks Point of Sale V12.0, V11.0, V10.0
- TurboTax 2016 and 2015 (Both for personal and business purpose)
- Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (Applies to US Only)
- Lacerate 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
- Pro-Series tax years 2016 and 2015 (for US only)
- Quicken 2016, 2017, 2018
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 (for US only)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: It requires Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Internet access is required with at least 56 kbps connection speed (however 1 Mbps recommended) for Payroll and other online features and services.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and Antivirus Software compatibility
Same like other QuickBooks versions, QuickBooks Pro/Premier 2019 and Enterprise 19.0 have also been tested with the firewall and antivirus products:
- Microsoft Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- MS Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
System Requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise 2017
Operating System Supported:
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R-2
- Windows Server 2011 R2
- Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- Windows 7 Service pack-1 (64 bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 7 SP1
- Linux is required when using QBES Database Server-only installation.
Hardware and Operating System Requirements:
- Minimum 2.4 GHz processor
- Minimum 4GB RAM required ( 8GB RAM Recommended)
System Requirements for QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS):
- 4GB RAM for single workstation and 8GB RAM for multi-user
- 1Gb disk space
- 4 GHz processor for single users and 2.8 GHz for multi-users
- Multi-core processor for multi-user implementations.
System Requirements for QuickBooks for MAC:
QuickBooks for Mac 2019 (US Only)
Minimum System Requirements:
- MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) ad should be supported by macOS 10.13 and macOS 10.14
- 2GB RAM ( 4GB Recommended)
- Product registration
- 250 MB disk space should be available
- CD/DVD Drive for download installation
- Printer to print invoices, checks, etc.
- Use intuit checks
- Intel processor (Core Duo 2 or higher) is required
- Apple Numbers v3.5; Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365 are required to export data
- Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac office 365, almost all support to Email is required for Emails
- Intuit Merchant Services for QB for Mac is required in order to accept debit and credit cards.
- Integrating Processing Payroll: Requires a paid subscription, EIN and Internet access for QuickBooks for Mac.
- Adobe reader and printer must require to print checks and forms in QB payroll for Mac because of its basic needs of the system. (Additional fees apply)
- Top pay may differ from those of QB. even more, details visit the website at www.macpayroll.com
- QBD for Mac 2019 supports a one-way conversion in QuickBooks online and supports the same from QBD for windows 2016 to 2018
- Supports Round-Tripping with QuickBooks for Windows 2019 because round-tripping is a better option to send their data file to their Accountant.
System Requirements for the Older Versions of Mac:
- MacOS 10.10.2 and MacOS 10.11 are required for QuickBooks for Mac 2016 R5 or earlier.
- MacOS 10.11 and MacOS 10.12 are required for Mac 2016 R6 and later
- At least 2GB RAM and 4GB is recommended
- 250MB disk space
- Intel Core 2 Duo or higher should be the Mac processor.
- If you wish to print checks, then use intuit checks.
- Product registration is required.
- A 100% Macintosh-compatible printer if print of invoices, checks, purchase orders, reports and graphs are required
Integration/Compatibility Requirements of QuickBooks software:
- Apple Mail, Outlook 2011 for Mac or Microsoft Entourage 2018 are required for e-mail.
- Internet connectivity is required for QuickBooks Payroll for Mac and Adobe Reader is required to print checks and forms.
- Apple Numbers ’09, Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 are required to export report information.
- QuickBooks for Mac 2016 supports one-side conversion from QB for Windows OS 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2016.
- Intuit Merchant Service is required to accept credit and debit cards directly into QB 2016 for Mac.
- If QB is integrated with Mac, then a paid subscription, internet access and EIN are required to process payroll.
System Requirements for QuickBooks App:
- 4 GB RAM
- 4 GHz
- SIMD Extensions 2 (Support for Streaming)
- Solid State Drive
- 1 GB
- Minimum internet speed 512 Kbps
- Recommended speed- 1 MBPS
- Or as suggested by QuickBooks Online
MACHINE TYPES SUPPORTED:
SUPPORTED QUICKBOOKS SYSTEM:
For Windows: Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1
For Mac: Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks), and Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
- 1280*800 screen resolution or higher than that
- Between 1200*800 and 1600*900
- Between 1600*1200 and 1920*1200
- Between 1920*1440 and 2560*1440
- Up to 200% DPI
- Extended monitor support
The blog will be quite useful for you to find the exact system requirements required QuickBooks Accounting Software (Pro, Premier & Enterprise Solutions). If you wish to seek more help or guidance, connect with our QuickBooks experts at toll-free number +1(800)880-6389.