- Last Updated on:   March 18th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks for Mac
QuickBooks has gained immense popularity for the past decade. And due to its growing demand Intuit started launching new version of the software every year. Today this cutting edge software helps small and medium businesses in their accounting, bookkeeping, inventory management, sales and more. But since it is just a software, at times users do face errors. Even though the errors can be solved easily at times they can be pretty serious affecting the whole business operation. So, in this article we will discuss about the troubleshooting basics with QuickBooks for Mac.
Steps to Troubleshooting Basic with QuickBooks for Mac
Below we have cover up few troubleshooting basic with QuickBooks for Mac.
1. Check your version of QuickBooks for Mac and your Mac’s operating system
Did you recently upgraded your MAC OS? Often that kind of change can lead to issues in the older version of QuickBooks. When you update your operating system it is also important to upgrade your QuickBooks. And even after updating the technical errors remain, then there should be compatibility issues between the QuickBooks and the operating system. In that case try to open a sample company file installed in QuickBooks. In case there are any problem then there can be issues with data damage.
2. If there are issues with the sample company file, then check your disk permissions
At times fixing the disk permissions can make things right.
- First open the Disk Utility (Applications>Utilities> Disk Utilities).
- Now choose your Mac’s hard drive and then click on the Repair Disk Permissions button.
3. Delete the QuickBooks User-level preference file
- The first thing to do is go to the user account on the Mac and then open Preference folder inside the Library Folder and now look for the QuickBooks for Mac plist file and then trash it.
Note: You may need to reset some preferences the next time you launch QuickBooks.
- In case fixing the permissions and deleting the plist file doesn’t work then the main problem would a corrupted user account in the Mac. So, you have to make a new user account and then open QuickBooks when you are already logged into the new account.
- Now open the company file and then start using it. In case the regular behavioral issue with the file is resolved then it means that that the Mac user account is corrupted and this issue can only be fixed by Mac expert.
- If the sample company file works smoothly then you should try fixing the repairing permissions and remove the preference file. And in case your company file still doesn’t work properly for example there is an issue with lists and reports then you have to resolve the list damages.
Important Note: Then it may have list damage. See the short article checklist damage in QuickBooks for Mac: Symptoms and also Cures for actions to fix that issue. If, in spite of all your efforts your file collisions, record errors or display screens incorrect details, it might have data damage.
If you aren’t able to handle the issues then you can always seek help from the QuickBooks Mac Support team. We are available 24/7 and you will be guided by experienced experts who will solve the errors as well as give you tips to avoid it. Dial 1(800)80-6389 to get quick responses.
Steps to Back up Your Company File in QuickBooks for Mac 2015
To Backup QuickBooks company file in QB Mac 2015 and late versions, Firstly you need to set up your backup preferences
- Launch QuickBooks for Mac
- Go to QuickBooks → Preferences
- Choose backup
Again some choice for back-up you see
- Set your QuickBooks to immediately backup the company files every couple of hours or an once a day.
- Set QuickBooks to automatically every single time you close your company file
- For ex: QuickBooks not able to backup company file.
Steps to open your QuickBooks for Windows file in QuickBooks for Mac
Important: Be certain that you are familiar with what information is converted from QuickBooks for Windows to QuickBooks for Mac.
- Firstly, Open the company file you intend to convert, in QuickBooks for windows.
- After that, Select file then Utilities and then Copy company file for QuickBooks Mac.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. QuickBooks creates a mac .qbb file.
- Now copy the .qbb file or a CD or USB drive or a few other media.
- You can also make use of a network file sharing service such as Dropbox to move a file.
- First of all, Copy the .qbb file for your document folder.
- After that open company the select the .qbb file and then click on open.
- Now hit a Click on OK, if you want a restore a QuickBooks for window file.
- After that enter a name for a restored file.
- After that click OK.
To get more information Click:- How to opening you QuickBooks for windows file in QuickBooks for mac
Steps to converting a QuickBooks file from windows to mac
Below we have shared few steps to covert a QuickBooks File from Windows to Mac
- Firstly, Open the data file in quickbooks 2012 for windows as well as choose file
- Then select Utilities
- After that , Copy company file for QuickBooks mac to conserve the file as a .qbb backup file.
- Now Send the .qbb file to the mac user by a CD, USB drive, or iDisk.
- Next, Choose file — > Open firm — > Select the .qbb file as well as click open.
Attributes of QuickBooks for mac 2016 R20:
- Tabled window support.
- Scheduled reports.
- Send-mail capability.
Enhancement from 2016 R6:
- Print trademark on checks.
- Share attachment.
- Expense supplier time.
- Use a horizontal toolbar.
- Adjust the display screen font style size.
- Set page breaks on report.
Improvement from 2016 R1:
- Resize column on forms.
- Print directly on envelopes.
- Fill in and also edit time-sheet easily.
- Publish time-sheet.
- View long invoice summaries.
We hope that you are now able to understand how to back up company file in QuickBooks for Mac 2015 also how to open your QB for Windows file in QB for Mac and how to convert a QuickBooks file from windows to mac. However, if you need further information or need technical help dial our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number 1-800-880-6389.