- Last Updated on:   Jun 27th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks Error Codes
QuickBooks is a leading accounting software that has helped many small and medium-sized companies in all around the world. If you are using QuickBooks then, you probably familiar with the QuickBooks Print Issues. Sometime, these issues put the users in so much stress that it starts to annoy & frustrate them.
We know that QB Online can be accessed from anywhere and print commands can be given from the software itself, but sometimes you may face unable to print problem in QuickBooks. In this informative article, we will provide you whole insight of the Unable to Print problem along with its causes & solution. With us, you will get the knowledge & better understanding of ‘How to resolve it like a pro’.
QuickBooks Printing issues may compel you to stop your work and some of your essential works might be delayed due to this problem. Another problem with printers may be printing in small font size. Below are some quick fixes that you can try and resolve the printer issues by yourself. Furthermore, if you have any queries or need additional help you can reach out to our certified QuickBooks support team right now by dialing toll-free +1(800)880-6389.
Things to Remember
Before starting the steps to resolve the QB Print Issues:-
- Make sure that the QuickBooks is updated to its latest release version. (Note: Currently, the most recent version is QuickBooks Desktop 2019).
- Please check the connectivity, Your computer should connected with the printer and that the printer software is installed properly.
- For any particular printing error messages, you should consult with your IT professional or our technical support team.
List of Common QuickBooks Print Issues
Here are some of the QB Print Issues and errors that might appear:-
- Some sort of problem exists associated with selection of printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer on XPS port.
- Desktop not responding.
- Unable to print via printer.
- QB application unable to save the form or reports as a .pdf.
- While reconciling the accounts, QuickBooks application freezes frequently.
- QuickBooks Unrecoverable errors appear:-
- 15064 06798
- 14982 50172
- 14983 96787
- Unable to reconcile the accounts or email in PDF files, or create print.
- Receiving error or QB application closes, or nothing happens while trying to create, email, or print a pay stub or payroll reports.
- QB PDF Converter Activation Error Code -20, -30, or -41.
- Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing PDF file component
- Print Driver host unable to run over 32 –bit application.
- While attempting the accounts reconciliation, QB application freezes frequently.
What Causes Printing Issues in QuickBooks?
Here are some of the possible reasons due to QuickBooks Print Issues/errors occur:-
- This issue may occur if the printer turned off.
- It may also arise if the paper tray is empty.
- If the printer is offline or inactivated.
- Improper installation of the printer.
- In case, there is any change in the default printer.
- If the user is not logged in as system administrator.
- Incorrect QuickBooks application re-installation.
Common Printing Issues in QuickBooks
There are few printing issues you can face in your QuickBooks software at the time printing your necessary documents files. Below we have mentioned few of them.
QuickBooks Enterprise failed to print
- If you are a QuickBooks Enterprise user, you may sometimes face printing errors. In such situations QuickBooks enterprise support team should be contacted immediately for this issue may lead to a more significant problem and may also damage or corrupt previous data.
QuickBooks Printing issues with Invoices
- If you are not able to print invoices for your clients, you can try to fix the error using the above mentioned troubleshooting steps. You can also read our article about QuickBooks invoice printing problem and troubleshooting.
QuickBooks 1099 Printing issues
- You may face an issue in printing 1099 forms. In a situation of 1099 printing problems you can go with the given article about it.
QuickBooks Printing issues with PDF Files
- If you face QuickBooks printing errors with PDF files while giving print command from your software or app you can follow the above-mentioned steps.
QuickBooks Unable to Print Checks
- If you face issues in printing checks from QuickBooks, it means that your software needs to be updated.
QuickBooks Printing Problems with Mac
- If you are using MAC systems and faceing trouble in printing through QuickBooks software, you can take assistance from Mac technical support team to resolve this issue.
QuickBooks W2 Printing Errors
- At the time of tax filing if you are not able to print W2 form through QuickBooks, you can follow the steps mentioned in this article.
How to Fix Unable to Print Problem in QuickBook?
Before you continue with the troubleshooting steps, make sure that the printer is having the issue with QuickBooks and not with your computer.
Step 1: Verify the functioning of the Printer
Use the Notepad to check if the printer is functional outside the QuickBooks application.
- Choose the “Start” icon & search for the ‘Notepad’.
- Type-in some text onto the ‘Notepad’. Later, select the “File” option and then, “Print” option.
- Choose the right printer, and then click on the “Print” tab.
Step 2: If everything doesn’t go well, then try this step….
In case, the printer test doesn’t go well, and then restart the computer with instructions given below. If it goes well then simply jump on the step 3 given below:-
- Turn-off or shut-down the printer and restart the associated system. Later, turn-on the printer back again.
- Ensure that the paper loaded correctly in the printer.
- Go to the “Windows” or “Start” button, go to the “Control Panel” tab and hit onto the “Printers and Faxes” tab.
- In case, the printer is offline – then, press the ‘printer’ icon & choose the “Use Printer Online” option.
- Press the ‘Printer’ option & if you find any job appear in the queue..!
- Select the “Printer” tab and then, hit onto the “Cancel All Documents” tab.
- Shut-down the windows.
- Perform right-click on the printer, select the “Properties” tab and then, hit onto the “Print Test Page” tab.
Note: In case, the printer is assume as a network printer & the test page doesn’t print..! This can lead to the network issues.
If the problem persists and the printer still not working, you must try the steps below:-
- Confirm that you are using the latest printer driver. To do so, you have to navigate to the manufacturer’s official website to download & install the latest version of printer drivers.
- Make sure that there is no error lights appear on the printer.
- For any kind of printer information, you must refer to the printer documents provided by the manufacturer. The information could be related with the following:
- Printer Error Indications.
- Test Page Print Issues.
- Printing Issues from Notepad.
Step 3: Run the PDF Repair tool and Rename the QuickBooks File
Run the Repair Tool:
In case, you are able to print via notepad..! You must run the QB Print and PDF Repair Tool. It resolves the entire common printing problems and then, again tries to print.
Download the QuickBooks PDF Repair tool from here:
Rename the QuickBooks file:
In case, you encounter that the QB Repair Tool isn’t working..! You should manually change the name of the QBPrint.QBP file.
- Search for the location of the QBPrint.qbp file.
- For Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista: Go to the folder => C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx (20xx represents the QuickBooks version).
- Server 2008 & Server 2012: Go to the folder => C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
Note: In some situations, you need to find particular hidden file(s) & folder(s)..! In such cases, you should search these files & folders in the ‘Windows’ option.
- Perform right-click on the QBprint.qbp file. Later, choose the “Rename” option.
- Use the word ‘old’ as a file name suffix example: QBPrint.qbp.old
- Open/access the QuickBooks.
- In the “File” menu, go to the “Printer Setup” tab & choose it.
- In the ‘Form Name’ list, choose any of the transaction and hit onto the “OK” icon. This complete process will assist to create a new QBprint.qbp file.
Step 4: Ensure the Printer is correct one
- It might be possible that you choose a wrong printer. Thus to make sure that you select the right or correct printer..! Simply follow the steps shown below:-
- In the QuickBooks application, select the “File” tab & then “Printer Setup” tab.
- Select the desired form and then try to print it.
- Make sure that the printer name matches with the one you are using currently. If it doesn’t match, then you have to go to the “Printer Setup” option in computer and make it correct.
- Go to the “Help” section for more details about the settings.
- Choose different printer from the Printer Setup.
- Go to the “File” menu => “Printer Setup” tab.
- Choose the desired form you wish to print.
- Later, choose a different printer from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “Help” section for more details about the settings.
- Attempt printing a different form or, if you are using customized forms or memorized reports, attempt a standard form or report.
- If you were printing a batch of forms in QuickBooks, effort to print a single form. If it gets successful, try printing smaller sized batches.
- Open one of the QuickBooks sample company files and try to print the same type of form or report. If it functions, make use of fix data damage on your company file to deal with any data damage in your file and then attempt to print again.
- Now Go to Selective Startup Mode. If the problem persists, perform a Reinstall Quickbooks for Windows making use of a clean install.
- If your printer is Local after that perhaps the trouble is in your computer/printer configuration itself. Make sure that there is a link between the computer and the printer. If still unable to solve this issue the get in touch with to the printer manufacturer’s for fixing the problem.
- If your printer is over a network then make sure that your network setups are correct.
For the resolution steps for printing problems visit:
Use the steps shown above if the printing issues are arising time to time. But, if the issue still exists and you are unable to print from QuickBooks, you can contact the QuickBooks certified professionals at +1-800-880-6389. Since we have the most updated tools and a committed team of certified QB expert’s that strives to endow the best solutions for QuickBooks problems.
If anytime you face issues in printing through QuickBooks and you are unable to fix the problem even after trying the troubleshooting steps, you can contact our experienced QuickBooks online support team. We are available round the clock to offer you quick and reliable Solutions.
Some Other Resources: