- Last Updated on:   Oct 16th, 2019
- Posted by: Pro Accountant Advisor
- Category: QuickBooks
All about the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software available in the world. Since its inception small to big organizations have immensely been benefited. So much so that now companies are completely dependent on this application. Even though it has many perks often users face various errors which affect the smooth functioning of the organization. To combat such situation it is advised to use the inbuilt QuickBooks file Doctor.
The Built-in QuickBooks file doctor is considered one of the best ways to solve various types of errors, files and issues related to data like corruption, network problems, windows set up issues and more. This application is integrated in the desktop version and when any error occurs the inbuilt file doctor will automatically be intimated about it.
Basic information about Built-in QBFD
Important points that you need to know about Built-in QuickBooks File Doctor tool:
- This application works only for US, CA and UK version of QuickBooks
- QuickBooks need not be installed in your computer. It uses the file and data repair.
- This application makes use of network and diagnosis repair. In this case QuickBooks should be installed in the desktop running the internal File doctor.
- The inbuilt QuickBooks file doctor supports windows 10, windows 8, windows 7 and Server 2003-2012.
- In case, the .NET framework 2.0 isn’t there in your desktop then the internal QuickBooks File Doctor will install it through the diagnostic tool.
The Cons of using File Doctor in QuickBooks
- In case of data damage issues, if you are not able to open the file only then run the file doctor. If you can open the file and work on it then in that case don’t run the application.
- The company file that needs to be uploaded in QuickBooks file doctor should be less than 2GB.
- While the tool is still open you can restart and download. However, if the tool is not open then the upload will start all over again.
- In order to run the network diagnosis, you must be signed in as Administrator.
- If the desktop windows user account control is ON then the application will be re-launched with elevated admin privileges.
- If many versions of QuickBooks desktop are already installed in your desktop then the Network Diagnose and Repair feature might not work properly. The network resolution only works on the latest version of QuickBooks that is installed in the system and not the Database Server Manager only update.
- Moreover the QuickBooks File Doctor only works on qbw or qba files only.
- The network diagnoses and QuickBooks File repair are on by default.
- It suggested that you use the advanced settings button so as to run the file on network only diagnostics.
Using the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor
Many of the errors in QuickBooks are automatically resolved by the built-in QuickBooks File Doctor. In this situation you will get a blue start button. Click On the Start button and automatically the QBFD will be intimidated.
- First thing to do is open the QuickBooks to the ‘No company open window‘. Don’t log into the file.
- Once done, choose the ‘file‘ and then click on ‘Utilities‘ and on ‘Repair file‘ and finally on the ‘Network Problems‘.
- After this a message dialogue box opens click on ‘OK‘. Once done QBFD will relaunch along with admin rights.
- Now select ‘YES‘ to the ‘Windows UAC Prompt‘
- In order to open the built-in file doctor select the ‘green wench‘ icon.
- Now click on ‘Continue‘.
- Now you will be directed to sign-in to your company file page, so type the QuickBooks Admin username and password and then select ‘Next‘
- After this choose ‘Advanced Settings‘. Select the ‘Diagnosis File‘
- Then Click ‘Next‘
- After the diagnosis is complete open the company file to see of the issue has been resolved.
If you have still have queries about in-built QuickBooks File Doctor tool then you can seek assistance from QuickBooks premier support team who are available 24/7 to provide you service.
Some other helpful articles: