All about the use of Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks have emerged as one of the best accounting software, available in the market today. In fact, it has made accounting easier than it used to be a decade ago. For being packed with powerful features, it has gained a lot of popularity and is being used by small and mid-sized businesses all across the world.
In this article, we will discuss in details about Automated Password reset tool for QuickBooks Desktop. This tool helps users to reset their lost or forgotten password so that they can access their QuickBooks company files.
Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop
This Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop is mostly used to reset QuickBooks Admin Password. This tool is helpful in the case you have lost the password or forgotten it.
The below mentioned details will be required when you try to reset password through the automated tool.
- License Number
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- Post Code
Important Note: Your license number, e-mail address, phone number and postal code will certainly be verified against your business Registration record in our database. If any one of the parameters do not match the information we carry file for your business when you registered your product, after that the request will certainly fall short.
How to use Automated Password Reset Tool?
The first thing to do is select the tool as per the version of QuickBooks used by you.
- U.S version of QuickBooks Desktop
- U.K version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Canadian version of QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1: It is very important to identify version of QuickBooks Desktop being used.
And below are the ways you should follow to determine the version that was used last.
- First thing to do is find the product version and release the numbers.
- After this select the product from the list and try to learn how to check the version and then release the information and follow the given instructions.
- QuickBooks Statement Writer: Select Reports and QuickBooks Statement Writer in QuickBooks.
- Once the program opens select the Help option and then choose About QuickBooks Statement Writers. In the About Window the version information can be found.
- Merchant Services: Since QuickBooks used the merchant services that’s why there is no version or release.
- Point of Sale: Select Help then Product Information. There will be information about the version or the release.
- QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced Payroll: Choose Employees and then Payroll Centers
- Click on payroll button
- QuickBooks for Mac: Choose Help and the on Product Information
- QuickBooks Desktop: Click on F2 to in order to open the Product Information Window
Important Note: You should have .Net Framework 4.5 installed to run the Automated Password Reset Tool.
Step 2: Choose the QuickBooks Desktop version which was last updated to, so as to open QuickBooks Company file
- First choose the version from QuickBooks Desktop.
- When registering QuickBooks enter the license number and business info and then click on Submit.
- Once done accept the agreement of license and then hit the Download tab.
- Click on Download Now Link in the next screen.
- In the Token Number Field enter the Token number which you have received in your email.
- In the QuickBooks drop down menu select your version of QuickBooks.
- Click on Browse to find the company file and then choose the company file for which you want to reset the password.
- In the new password and confirm password fields enter the new password
- And finally click on Reset Password.
NOTE: If you are resetting the password for an Accountants Copy working file such as .QBA. After that you will need to type *.* in the file name box and press Enter. This will permit you to see and choose .QBA files.
The process of resetting the password is pretty easy but if you face any difficulty then seek assistance from our QuickBooks Support Advisors. You can dial our toll free number for QuickBooks help 1-(800)880-6389. Our Intuit Certified team will assist you in a better way.