- November 1, 2018
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks
The Process of Rebuilding QuickBooks Data File
QuickBooks is cutting edge software that revolutionized the way accounting done. Powered With effective features this software has made accounting, payroll and all aspects of financial management much more comfortable. Today, right from the big companies to small businesses almost everybody depends on QuickBooks. However, as it is software, users do face issues at times. So, in this article, we will discuss about how to rebuild & verify data file in QuickBooks software.
The verify data self-identifies is considered the common data issue in a company file. It is the rebuild Data self-resolves most of the data integrity problems found by the Verify Data.
Verify & Rebuilt QuickBooks Data Utility
Below are some of the reasons to use the Verify and Rebuild features:
- Complicated errors in QuickBooks Desktop
- A disparity in the reports like invoices or bills that have negative value.
- When the Deposited payment displayed on the Payments to Deposit Window
- When all the account is shown in Balance Sheet
- Lists have missing names
- Missing transactions
- A well-data check-up should be made to ensure that the company file doesn’t have any error.
How to verify and Rebuild Data
- Firstly, choose “Window” then “Close All”.
- Now verify Data…!! For this, choose “File” then “Utilities” and finally “Verify Data”.
If you notice:
- QuickBooks doesn’t find any problems with your data, then you do not have to take any action.
- If you notice specific technical glitches then look for the related articles in the QuickBooks Desktop support sites as there are many articles available.
- If you find that your data has lost its integrity, then there will be damage in the file. And in that case, you have to follow the below mentioned steps to Rebuild Data to resolve the issue.
- Rebuild Data: First, choose the “file” then go to “Utilities” and then “Rebuild Data”.
- After this, you will get a warning message displayed asking you to take a backup of your company file and for this click on ‘OK’.
The rebuild data needs a backup of company file in advance because at times the whole process may have to delete transactions, list entries or have to fix the file. Taking a backup of your company file will make sure that you have a copy of your company file before any modifications done to it.
- Choose the location where you want to save your backup file and then select OK which is at the bottom of QuickBooks Desktop Backup Window.
- In case, no messages saying if you should replace another backup file then, click on NO. Provide a new name to the File Name field and then save
- If the backup fails, then choose CANCEL at the Rebuild prompt and for assistance reach out to Payroll support.
- When the backup finished the Rebuild Data utility starts.
- Once you get message Rebuild has completed..!! Click on the OK
- To check the remaining data damage run Verify Data. Select the file then go to “Utilities” and then “Verify Data”.
- If the process of verification finds more damage then, it needs to be fixed manually. So look for the error in the log and find a solution in the QuickBooks Desktop support sites.
- In case, you cannot find any error – you can attempt to restore the recent backup. Select file, the go to Restore but ensure that you do not overwrite your existing company file. If you added any information to the company file after the back up, then you have to add them manually and then restore.
- If you still have queries about this then, you can seek assistance from the payroll support that will provide you with all necessary information.
Reasons Behind Using the Verify and Rebuild in QuickBooks
Some of the primary reasons for using the Verify and Rebuild in QuickBooks given below:
- Unavailable transaction data.
- Unable to open the business file.
- In the company list, names are missing.
- All accounts are not displaying on the balance sheet reports.
- When the error occurs while working on the QuickBooks.
- When you unable to save transactions.
- Automatic QuickBooks crash while saving the transaction.
QuickBooks Rebuild is Not Responding
- The “QuickBooks is not responding” arrives in the rebuild data process..!! You have to wait and watch until the process completed.
- Ensure that you verify full process during the verification process. If the verification completed successfully, repeat the process until the application checks the file for the existing messages.
Procedure to Monitor and Reduce the database fragments
Check out the steps given below to reduce the database fragments. At times, this happens that database has 10 or more database fragments. In such a case, it is necessary to reduce the database fragments.
- Arrange List: From the list menu, you can resort the list option. With the help of list headers, resort the list. Thus, it will not put the same re-organization effect on the file. It’s possible that some record does not show in the resort list section.
- Rebuild File: Once you resort the file, use the rebuild procedure as prescribed above. To repair the risk of corruption, you can also use the rebuilt data feature.
- Create Portable Company File: Creating portable Company file is the easiest, simple, and preferred technique to reduce the database fragments. It helps to reduce the database fragments as well as re-index the database.
- Run the Windows Defragmentation Utility: Run the Windows defragmentation tool on the hard drive where the application file/files are stored to reduce the risk of corruption.
Network & Maintenance Issues
QuickBooks usually used on the multi-user aptitude. That may lead to incorrect router configuration and low QuickBooks performance. The all factor add-on in increasing the risk of corruption.
The network and maintenance issue occurs due to in the following combination:
- Router not connected properly.
- Something wrong with Operating System .i.e. OS issue.
- Problem with the hardware or network driver.
Corruption Occurred Due to Transactions
Delete and re-enter the transaction if the data file corruption occurred due to the transaction. For a specific transaction corruption issue, we recommend you to find out the document number in the report, then delete & re-enter the transaction. It might be possible that the balance sheet gets affected by this corruption.
Point to Remember
- It’s necessary to recover the damaged file/files. Hence, to recovers the damaged file & errors – switch to another recovery solution in case the QBW rebuild tool fails.
- In case, you are unable to find out the persisting error in the QuickBooks file..!! , restore it from the backup to resolve the issue.
- Ensure that there is no overwritten company file.
Manual QB Rebuild Fails
If you encounter the issue of manual QuickBooks rebuild stops working, we assist to recover all types of corruption in the application. You can prevent this issue by check the unique and special features of QBW file repair service software.
In a situation where you are encountering problems with the manual QuickBooks rebuild fails…!! We can solve or recover all types of QB file corruption. You can directly contact us at our toll-free helpline number .i.e. +1-800-880-6389. Our QuickBooks Support Advisors are readily available 24/7 to help you. If you need any other help, you can get in touch with our Intuit Certified ProAdvisors from anywhere, anytime.