- Last Updated on:   March 27th, 2019
- Posted by: QB
- Category: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Support
In the modern world of innovation and technology, the software’s are replacing the lethargic workload of our day-to-day life. We can perform most of the task without doing it manually such as accounting, inventory management, etc. But it is mandatory to know what makes particular software so famous among its users. Well, it is based on a few topics such as its compatibility with the different type of operating system. Few Years back, Microsoft released Windows 10 as its latest operating system on the date 29 July 2015. It is not necessary to update the current OS to Windows 10 as it’s an optional update.
In this blog post, we will let you know about the list of QuickBooks versions that are compatible with the Windows 10 along with some of the momentous information related to Windows 10.
New Updates in Windows 10
- The start menu of Windows 10 appears similar to the start menu of the Window 7.
- The Microsoft Windows 10 comprises of virtual desktop is called the task switcher.
- The Microsoft Windows 10 has a completely new version of .Net framework.
- Windows 10 consist of a new browser known as EDGE.
QuickBooks 2016 R7 & later
It’s a news of joy that the entire QB users of QuickBooks 2016 R7 are authorized to work with the Windows 10. In case, you are using a QuickBooks version earlier than R7 then, you need to update the QuickBooks to the latest released version to work efficiently. If you are using QuickBooks 2016 R7 or later, you update is not mandatory and you can swiftly work on the Windows 10.
QuickBooks 2014 and earlier
Alas, but QuickBooks 2014 is not supported in Windows 10. To further use QuickBooks, we request you to upgrade your version of QuickBooks to 2014 or 2015.
QuickBooks 2015 & QuickBooks 2016 (R1 – R6)
It is possible that being a QuickBooks user, you will try to open the QuickBooks 2015 on the Windows 10. But to actually do that successfully, you need to ensure that you enabled the .NET Framework 3.5 which mostly comes as disabled by default from the Microsoft so that the OS user experience the best while using the operating system that doesn’t support the QuickBooks.
Windows 10 also supports QuickBooks 2015. Although you need to ensure that .NET 3.5 is enabled for QuickBooks 2015, for that you could use the steps mentioned below-
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button.
- Select the option “Turn Windows features On or Off“.
- As you click, a dialogue box will appear saying “.NET Framework 3.5“.
- Make sure that this option is activated. If this option is off then enabled
- After all this, you can reboot your system.
QuickBooks Software Versions Comparisons
QuickBooks Desktop 2016 is the enhanced version of QuickBooks Desktop 2015. Below we have compared the features of QB 2016 with respect to QB 2015.
How to Enable the Microsoft .NET 3.5 for the QuickBooks 2015?
Steps to ensure that .NET 3.5 is Enabled for the QuickBooks 2015:
- Click the “Start” or “Windows” button
- Find out the option “Turn Windows features On or Off”.
- Once you find out the above option, press right-clicks on it.
- After clicking on the appeared option, you will see a dialog box where you can see the option as “.NET Framework 3.5”.
- Ensure that the option is enabled. If you found it still disabled then, click the checkbox & enable it.
- Once this process completed, reboot the computer.
If you are encountering any issue with it, you can contact the QuickBooks support number to get the instant help.
QuickBooks 2014 or earlier
For all the QuickBooks versions before QuickBooks 2014, the QuickBooks suppose to update the software to the latest released version. As all the QB versions before QuickBooks 2014 requires an update as it does not support the Windows 10.
That’s all from our behalf..! However, if you need more information about which version of QuickBooks supported in Windows 10 or have any questions related to your QuickBooks, you can contact our QuickBooks technical support number 1-800-880-6389.
Quick Glance at Blog Summery
It might be possible that you still face some hassles with the QuickBooks software and it could be related to anything such as QuickBooks installation, QuickBooks error codes, QuickBooks Updates, or QuickBooks data recovery. For any such problem, you can contact us by dialing our toll free number. We are Intuit Certified ProAdvisors and capable to resolve all type of critical and major issues that is faced by users.